The University of Montpellier and the Institute of Functional Genomics are inviting for highly motivated and skilled candidates to apply for the 3-year International Postdoctoral Position.
The program is available for talented students who want to undertake postdoctoral projects to characterize, from cellular to behavioral levels, animal models of NALCN-related diseases.
A great chance to get support for research study with the award amount of 2100-2200 € /month in France.
User Review( vote)
Montpellier University is one of the few selected French institutions to have received an Initiative of Excellence award from the French government after a highly selective process by an international jury.
Why should you study at the University of Montpellier? Studying at UM allows you to prepare for future careers in a world where knowledge application fields are constantly evolving. Cutting-edge research at UM benefits from over twenty high-level technological platforms and generates value by establishing close ties with companies located on the Montpellier and regional site.
Application Deadline: The application is now open until a suitable candidate is selected.
- University or Organization: Institute of Functional Genomics and University of Montpellier
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Awards: 2100-2200 € /month
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in France
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral research in Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- PhD or MD/PhD with a background in Physiology and Neuroscience
- Excellent research records and academic activities
- Strong expertise in wet-lab experience with advanced techniques (i.e., Patch-clamp,
- Viral-mediated gene transfer in animal models, Calcium imaging) and quantitative data
- Experience in mouse behavior assessment and analysis is a pre-requisite. Holding an
- EU accreditation to conduct experiments in animals will be a plus.
- Be imaginative, open, dynamic, team-worker, strongly self-driven and well organized.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must take admission in a postdoctoral degree at the university. After that, candidates should submit the following supporting documents via e-mail to Dr. Arnaud Monteil ([email protected])
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university: a CV including a list of publications and technical expertise, a description of research interests, and at least two names of individuals willing to act as references for the candidate.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to be proficient in either English or French.
The winning candidates will receive a net income: 2100-2200 € /month.