The Chalmers University of Technology is looking for highly motivated applicants to apply for the International Postdoctoral Positions in Cell Factory Engineering and Production of Aromatic Biochemicals. The student position is available for the academic year 2022-2023.
The project aims to develop fungal cell factory platforms for high-value, aromatic chemical production. The position is a division of the Industrial Biotechnology biology and biological engineering department at the Chalmers University of Technology. This postdoc position is full-time temporary employment for two years.
Worthy offer for overseas students in Sweden.
User Review( votes)
The Chalmers University of Technology is a Swedish institution focusing on education and research in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, maritime, and other management disciplines. It is situated in the city of Gothenburg. It is ranked 342nd among the Best Global Universities for its efforts to generate and disseminate knowledge, abilities, and solutions that benefit all.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? At the Chalmers University of Technology, you will learn to think for yourself and to meet future challenges using engineering methods. Chalmers teaches its students to think independently and apply engineering techniques to overcome future challenges. It is a multidisciplinary research center that encourages students to think independently and apply their engineering knowledge to future problems.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by August 7, 2022.
- University or Organization: The Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: Department of Biology and Biological engineering
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: All international and domestic students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in cell factory engineering and production of aromatic biochemicals.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To be suitable for the position, you need a vast knowledge of molecular biology and extensive lab practice. You also need to have practical experience in genome editing of yeast or filamentous fungi. Some experience in strain characterization and high-throughput techniques, including extensive data analysis, is also required.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students can submit a complete application using the ‘Apply now’ to any postdoctoral programme at the Chalmers University of Technology. Please contact Associate professor Yvonne Nygard, Industrial biotechnology, Department of biology and biological engineering email: [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents at the university:
- CV, include a complete list of publications.
- Two references.
- Personal letter:
- 1-3 pages
- Attested copies of completed education, grades, and other certificates.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must hold a doctoral degree in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Synthetic, Systems or Molecular Biology, Microbiology, or other related disciplines.
- Language Requirement: The students must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English at the university.
The selected candidates will be provided a salary and full-time temporary employment for two years at Chalmers University of Technology for the academic year 2022/2023.