The School of Mathematics and Statistics at the Open University is inviting applicants to apply for a Lecturer Positions in Pure Mathematics. The position is available for the academic year 2022/2023.
The successful candidate will have a PhD and a proven track record of research in pure mathematics, indicating the potential for future excellence.
Great opportunity for aspirants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Established In 1969, the Open University is a global leader in higher education, able to reach every adult in the United Kingdom and many others worldwide. The Open University has pioneered distance learning for over 50 years, delivering exceptional teaching and outstanding support to students across the UK and the world. Its mission is to make education accessible to all, and they’ve already helped over 2 million students realize their ambitions.
Why choose to study at the Open University? The OU is a leading expert in flexible higher education; no one understands how adults learn better than OU. They help those who can succeed to succeed every step of the way. You are never on your own with the OU. You will learn from your tutor, students in your tutor group, and the wider student community.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by 28 July 2022, 12:00 (midday).
- University or Organization: The Open University
- Department: Faculty of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Course Level: Research
- Award: £42,149 to £50,296
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic or International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Research in pure mathematics offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have excellent teaching and communication skills. You will be expected to contribute to delivering our existing modules and developing new teaching materials. Other criteria are set out in the Job-Related Information.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: All applications are completed online via the OU Job’s page. Applications submitted via 3rd party websites will not be considered.
- Supporting Documents: To apply for this role, please submit the following:
- Personal statement, up to 1,000 words, you should set out your statement as why you’re interested in this role and provide examples of where your skills and experience meet the required competencies for this role as detailed in the job and person specification.
- Admission Requirements: The successful candidate will have a PhD (or equivalent) and a proven track record of research in pure mathematics, indicating the potential for future excellence.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have to submit certificates of English language competency.
Open University will provide the full tuition fee and a stipend of £15,609 per annum plus a £1250 annual travel allowance for selected candidates.