The Chalmers University of Technology is looking for excellent, highly motivated early-career candidates that are keen on studying in Sweden to apply for the International Postdoctoral Positions in High Strain Resistant CFRP Materials for Fatigued Structures. The studentship is designed for the academic session 2022-2023.
The educational program attracts students from around the world who wish to start a postdoctoral degree at the university. The project’s major goal is to develop and validate material models for thin ply composites made from both continuous and discontinuous tapes.
Worthy opportunity to complete the postdoctoral study at the Chalmers University of Technology.
User Review( votes)
Chalmers Institution of Technology is a Swedish university focused on research and education in technology, natural sciences, architecture, mathematics, seafaring, and other management-related subjects.
Why choose to study at the Chalmers University of Technology? Applicants can pursue a variety of job choices while studying at this university. In several of its areas and courses, the institution has the highest number of candidates per the study, making it one of Sweden’s most famous universities.
Application Deadline: The last date to submit the entries to participate in the following grant is 31 January 2022.
- University or Organization: Chalmers University of Technology
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Awards: Salary
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Sweden and all the other remaining countries of the world are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral degree in High Strain Resistant CFRP Materials for Fatigued Structures
- Eligibility Criteria: To qualify for this position, you need to have a doctoral degree in Solid Mechanics, Structural Mechanics, Computational Mechanics, Mechanical Engineering or another similar field. Documented research experience in the mechanics of composite materials and the finite element method is also required. Since communication of knowledge results towards academic and industrial partners is a central part of the work, communicative skills in English (oral as well as in writing) are vital.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this studentship, applicants must submit the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- CV, include a complete list of publications
- Previous teaching and pedagogical experiences
- Two references that we can contact.
- Personal letter: (Please name the document as Personal letter, Family name, Ref. number)
- 1-3 pages where you:
- Introduce yourself
- Describe your previous experience of relevance for the position (e.g., education, thesis work, and, if applicable, any other research activities)
- Describe your future goals and future research focus
- Other documents:
- Copies of bachelor’s and master’s thesis.
- Attested copies and transcripts of completed education, grades, and other certificates, e.g., TOEFL test results.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants are required to provide an official transcript for all completed semesters to date.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must have English proficiency equivalent to or above the Swedish upper secondary school English course 6. An internationally recognized English test is accepted.
The successful applicants will get a postdoctoral degree position in High Strain Resistant CFRP Materials for Fatigued Structures at the Chalmers University of Technology. They will receive a handsome salary package for the academic year 2022/2023.