Irish Rule of Law International is seeking applicants to take part in the Postdoctoral Positions in Ireland. The programme is available for the academic year 2021-2022.
IRLI has developed this placement programme so that Lawyers from abroad contribute to the overall aim to see improved access to justice for unrepresented vulnerable persons in the criminal justice system in the Central Region of Malawi. The selected candidates need to have experience with criminal law to secure the position of the IRLI Malawi Police Service (MPS) Programme Lawyer.
Nice chance for students in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
Irish Rule of Law International is a project-oriented, non-profit organization that was established as a joint initiative of the Law Society of Ireland and the Bar of Ireland, as well as the Law Society of Northern Ireland and the Bar of Northern Ireland. It is completely dedicated to promoting rule of law in developing countries.
Why choose to study at the Irish Rule of Law International? The IRLI helps candidates harness the skills of Irish and Northern Irish lawyers in using the law as a means of tackling global injustice and empowering all people to live in a society free from inequality, corruption, and conflict. It works with global partners to bring real change and collaborates with academics, judges, legal practitioners, policymakers, and civil society around the world to advance collective knowledge for its people.
Application Deadline: 25th August 2021
- University or Organization: Irish Rule of Law International
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Ireland and all other overseas nations are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Candidates can apply for the position of programme lawyer.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must be qualified solicitors/barristers/lawyers/attorneys with at least 2 years post-qualification experience in criminal law.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The interested candidates are required to submit a cover letter and CV via mail at [email protected] to apply. Eligible candidates will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Proof of qualification in criminal law
- Postgraduate degree certification
- Cover letter
- Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to have a postgraduate degree in law, human rights, development, or related area of study.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to be utterly fluent in written and spoken English.
The selected candidates will be given the position of an IRLI Malawi Police Service (MPS) Programme Lawyer at the IRLI for one year.