ETH Zurich is looking for two professionals dedicated to rigorous quantitative analyses using advanced statistical methods to undertake Postdoctoral Positions in Quantitative Immigration Research at its Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences.
There are two postdoctoral positions available at the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences, namely in immigration and integration policy, at ETH Zurich. The candidates applying are expected to have attained a doctorate in a field relevant to the position and its job profile. Upon being appointed at the position, the candidates can look forward to a competitive salary and full-time employment.
Great opportunity for international aspirants in Switzerland.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1854 by the Swiss Federal Government, the ETH Zurich is a public research university in the city of Zürich, Switzerland. ETH Zurich is one of the top public universities in Zürich, Switzerland ranked 9th in QS World University Rankings 2023.
Why choose to study at ETH Zurich? The ETH Zurich has drafted a mission to educate engineers and scientists, the school focuses primarily on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. the institute has also engaged itself in making great contributions to the world by educating the next generation of critical and creative thinkers.
Application Deadline: The application can be made by 9th January 2023 in the latest. However, the application pathway may continue to be open in the event no suitable candidate is found.
- University or Organization: ETH Zurich
- Department: Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: Salary
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in Switzerland.
- Eligible Countries: Swiss and other international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postdoctoral positions in quantitative immigration research at the Department of Humanities, Social and Political Sciences at the ETH Zurich can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have graduate-level knowledge of advanced causal inference methods and applied statistics and of applied NLP methods (topic models, word embedding models, transformers etc.).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates who want to apply for this position must submit their applications online. All applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- a cover letter
- graduate school transcripts
- and a writing sample
- At least two (confidential) letters of recommendation
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold a doctorate degree in a social science program with a preference for Political Science, Economics, or Sociology OR doctorate in computer or data science (NLP) with a focus on social science research questions.
- Language Requirement: The students must have proficient and excellent writing skills in English.
The candidates selected to be appointed at the postdoctoral position by ETH Zurich will be offered employment with an excellent working environment. they will also be provided a competitive salary.