Take the first step toward your higher education goal with Postdoctoral Scholarship in Organic Photonics and Nanooptics Group at the Laboratory of Organic Electronics at Linköping University in Sweden.
The award program is available only for Non-Swedish applicants who want to gain their higher education with financial support.
Linköping University is one of the largest universities in Sweden. It offers 550 single-subject courses, 120 study programmes and specialized along with postgraduate studies through its 12 large departments.
Why Study at Linköping University? LiU provides the perfect atmosphere and education for students to make their university experience great. It conducts world-leading, cross-disciplinary research with its four faculties.
Application Deadline: 31st of January 2021
- University or Organization: Linköping University (Campus Norrköping)
- Department: Department of Science and Technology
- Course Level: PhD or equivalent
- Award: Tuition Fee for Fall Semesters only.
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
- Eligible Countries: Submissions are open for all countries around the world – except Sweden
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for PhD studies in Organic Photonics and Nanooptics (focusing on sustainable fuels) at the Laboratory of Organic Electronics, Department of Science and Technology at Linköping University in Sweden.
- Admissible Criteria: To be qualified, the applicants must be:
- Should not have been employed by Linköping University before.
- The scholarship may be granted only to non-Swedish citizens with a PhD or equivalent acquired in another country than Sweden.
- The applicant essential-have or be about to receive a doctoral degree in a subject relevant to the research project (e.g. physics, chemistry or materials science)
- The applicant needs to be passionate about research. Problem-solving ability and creativity are essential.
- Relevant expertise areas are- (nano) optics, photocatalysis, electrochemistry, organic electronics, cellulose and composite materials. Previous experience in multidisciplinary research is valuable.
- Relevant background skills include fabrication in a cleanroom environment, materials development; optical characterisation (ellipsometry, optical spectroscopy, etc.), electrical and (photo) electrochemical characterisation; general materials characterisation (AFM, SEM, etc.), device fabrication, visual simulations (FEM, FDTD).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For Postdoctoral award in Organic Photonics and Nanooptics, the submission should submit by email to Dr Magnus Jonsson [email protected] with a copy to [email protected] In the email subject field, write “Postdoc application: Dnr ITN-2020-00008”.
- They will be automatically eligible when they apply for PhD admission at Linköping University.
- Supporting Documents: As part of the application, all required documents should be submitted as one combined Pdf document when applying for the award. 1) Cover letter, 2) CV, 3) publication list, 4) Copy of passport, and 5) Copy of PhD diploma
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must have a master degree in a subject relevant to the research project to be considered for admission.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
The Linköping University will grant study fund for deserving students to support the higher education. The benefits all the following:
- The selection is initially for one year with the chance of an extension for a second year depending on a mutual agreement.
- The total time for getting an award from Linköping University can never exceed two years
- The tax-free award amounts to SEK25000 per month (~€2500/month)
- Economy class travel to or from Sweden for an award holder will be covered
- Money can use to join the conference
- Needed info about healthcare, insurances etc. can be asked at [email protected]