The University of Sheffield is pleased to offer the 2023 International Postgraduate Scholarship to international students joining the university to study a taught master’s program in September 2023.
Scholarship applications are being accepted from Africa, the Middle East, North Africa, East Asia, Europe/EEA/Switzerland and Turkey, Latin America, South Asia, and South East Asia.
Worthy offer to study in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Founded on 31 May 1905, the University of Sheffield has a reputation globally for teaching and research. It is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world. It has five faculties covering 50 departments and 82 research centers and institutes, and an international faculty.
Why study at the University of Sheffield? Sheffield is a world-class research university with a global reputation for excellence. It offers a unique student experience. When students come to Sheffield, they will get more than just a world-class education.
Application Deadline: 16:00 (UK time) on 16 June 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Sheffield
- Department: Faculty of Arts and Humanities; Social Sciences; Engineering; Science; Medicine, Dentistry and Health
- Course Level: Postgraduate taught
- Award: $2000 to $2500
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All the following countries and regions are eligible:
- Africa: Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Middle East and North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco
- East Asia: Japan, South Korea
- Europe/EEA/Switzerland and Turkey: ?Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey
- Latin America: Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
- South Asia: India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka
- South East Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the postgraduate degree course in the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry, and Health
- Faculty of Science
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following: Africa, Middle East, North Africa, East Asia, Europe/EEA/Switzerland, Turkey, Latin America, South Asia, and South East Asia.
How to Apply
The International Postgraduate Taught Sheffield Scholarship 2023 will be awarded automatically – no application is required. There is no application fee to apply for postgraduate Taught Master’s degree programs.
- How to Apply: No additional scholarship application is required if applicants apply for a postgraduate course in one of the eligible faculty at the University of Sheffield. Applications for postgraduate Taught Master’s degree programs must be made using the university’s online application system.
- Supporting Documents: When applicants apply for postgraduate study, they should include the following supporting documents relevant to their application:
- Proof of a previous degree(s)
- Official translations into English
- Academic references
- English language certificates (International applicants)
- A supporting statement (including a research proposal where relevant)
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume
- Examples of the work
- Admission Requirements: Choose a country or region to get more information on the entry requirements applicants will need to meet for admission.
- Language Requirement: As part of the English language requirements, applicants must take an internationally recognized English language test such as IELTS.
The University of Sheffield will provide all the following:
- £2,000 scholarship for courses in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Social Sciences.
- £2,500 scholarship for courses in the Faculty of Engineering, Medicine, Dentistry and Health, and Science.