Suomen Solubiologit and the University of Turku have come together to welcome experts in Data Analytics and Bioinformatics to be a part of the Research Fellowships programme at the Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre. The programme is open for the academic year 2021-2022.
The opportunity will be given to MSc degree holders or PhD degree holders in the field of data analytics and bioinformatics or any other relevant area of study who wish to secure a full time position at the Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre as a research team member and work on developing tools for interpreting extensive molecular and clinical data in medical research in close collaboration with medical research groups and biobanks.
Amazing chance for students in Finland.
User Review( votes)
Suomen Solubiologit is a Finnish Cell Biologists Association that promotes cell biology research, education, information and job creation for cell biologists through training and information activities. It acts as a link between cell biologists, hospital cell biologists and persons in cell biology-related fields, as well as students in cell biology.
Why study at the University of Turku? It is one of the leading universities in Finland that provides students with innovative problem solving skills and high-standard, multidisciplinary education based on the most up-to-date research. The outstanding services, compact campus, and active academic community give homely feel to the international students and scholars. UTU is an inspiring, encouraging, and interactive working and learning environment and is constantly looking for new ways to develop their study environments.
Application Deadline: 7th June, 2021
- University or Organization: Suomen Solubiologit and University of Turku
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral Research
- Award: 3,600 EUR
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Finland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants are eligible to apply for a Postdoctoral research programme in the field of medical bioinformatics.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have experience with various bioinformatics data analysis tools
- The applicants must have experience in analysing the property skills
- The applicants must be good at programming skills (e.g. Python, R) and must have the ability to work with version control tools (e.g. Git)
- The applicants must possess good communication skills in English and excellent collaboration skills
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply through the electronic application process of University of Turku. Accepted applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The applicants must submit the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- PhD degree certification
- Master’s degree certification
- Admission Requirements: The applicant is required to have an academic degree certification in a suitable and relevant field to be accepted for this role.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must attain minimum required scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 90
- IELTS – 6.5
- CAE – C or higher
- CPE – C or higher
- PTE Academic – 62
- YKI – min. 4 in intermediate test
The university will give the selected candidates a position among the research team at the Turku Medical Bioinformatics Centre with a monthly stipend of 2300-3000 EUR per month if they hold a MSc degree and 3100 – 3600 EUR per month if they hold a PhD degree.