The Istanbul Gelisim University has announced the international awards for students to offset the financial burden of studying abroad. The grants programme is open for the academic year starting 2021.
International students who have achieved exceptionally well high school graduation grades are offered scholarships to undertake an International Diploma or a free double major degree with the condition that their general score average is not less than 2.72 in the first year of higher education.
Istanbul Gelisim University is an English-Turkish non -profit private university in Istanbul that ranks 96th among the World’s Top 100 Universities. The main aim of the university is to inculcate the idea of sustainability to leave a better world for more students to come.
Why choose to study at Istanbul Gelisim University? Istanbul Gelisim University greatly contributes to the personal development of the students by offering opportunities for on-campus cultural and sporting activities. IGU is overall an excellent university that supports extracurricular activities equally. Students are given easy access to the study materials.
Application Deadline: Open
- University or Organization: Istanbul Gelisim University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Diploma or Double Degree
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Turkey.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from any international country outside of Turkey can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The applicants can apply to any degree programme at IGU in any field of study except Psychology, Dentistry, Aircraft Engineering, Aircraft Maintenance and Repair, Aircraft Technology, Pilot Training, Electrical, and Electronics Engineering.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must appear for the Foreign Student Exam (YOS).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants are required to go to the ComeToGelisim website and register to start their application process. The applications need to be submitted here.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Original High School Diploma and its translation into Turkish for countries except for Turkey and TRNC
- Results documents of YÖS or any other examination accepted by our Senate
- Turkish language certificate for those who will study in Turkish programmes
- Notarized copy of passport
- Notarized copy of student visa taken from Turkish Representations abroad
- Notarized copy of the residence permit
- Proof of payment of the tuition fee
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have succeeded in their national exams and must have scored a minimum 60 out of 100 GPA and SAT test results with a minimum score of 1000 on 1600.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- YDS – 60
- TOEFL IBT – 72
- PTE Academic – 55
- CEFF – B2
The winning applicants will receive tuition fee coverage of the applied IB or Double Degree programme by IGU.