The International Student Internship Program (ISIP) is now available for international undergraduates from other educational institutions for internships during the summer months. The program is administered by the Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Operations.
The purpose of the ISIP program is to offer promising young scholars from outside of the United States the opportunity to get to know Princeton University and to work with and learn alongside Princeton’s renowned professors and scholars.
Great offer for applicants
User Review( votes)
Field of Internship: Internship is available for international undergraduate students from other educational institutions to intern with Princeton University faculty, scholars and administrators on campus in the summer
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Office of the Vice Provost for International Affairs and Operations
The internship can be taken in the U.S.
To qualify for an internship, you must meet the following requirements:
- Internship applicants must be currently enrolled undergraduates at institutions outside of the United States and must be at least 18 years of age before the start of the internship.
- Only college students who have already completed a year of full-time undergraduate study by the start of the summer internship can apply, i.e. students who will become college sophomores, juniors, or seniors after the summer internship are eligible to apply.
- High school students, incoming college freshmen, as well as students who will receive their bachelor’s degrees before the start date of the summer program are not eligible to apply.
- International students must be able to meet the funding requirements for J-1 Student Intern visas, including covering costs of housing, healthcare, transportation, and visa. Individuals need to submit official documentation of financial support before acceptance to the program.
- In limited circumstances, a sponsoring faculty member may wish to provide funding from his/her research funds.
- ISIP participants will be required (by law) to purchase health insurance that provides adequate coverage.
Internship Open for International Students: The internship program is available for an international (non-US citizen) student currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at an institution outside of the U.S.
Is this paid internship? This is an unpaid internship program.
ISIP provides opportunities for promising young scholars to work with Princeton faculty and to experience the unique research and scholarly environment on their campus. Interns must be nominated by a Princeton faculty member or Princeton administrator who wishes to sponsor their research or educational internship.
- The program will make available housing and meal plans at subsidized rates and will provide structured activities to create and support the sense of a cohort among ISIP interns.
- The program will provide program orientation, cultural events, opportunities to share research experiences, and social gatherings.
- Princeton University’s Davis International Center will provide supporting J-1 visa documentation for individuals accepted to the program who meet the criteria for a J-1 visa. For more information on the J-1 student intern regulations, visit the Davis International Center’s website
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: The program is 9 weeks, from June 10 to August 9, 2019. An extension or reduction of one week is allowable if requested by the Princeton faculty mentor. The total length of the internship must not exceed 10 weeks.
Notification: Applicants will be notified of the results by the end of March.
How to Apply:
To apply, eligible applicants with a Princeton nomination may complete the online application with a resume and a scanned copy of the official transcript.
- Note that ISIP application is by Princeton faculty/administrator nomination only.
- A professional letter of recommendation needs to be submitted directly by your recommender to Claire Hu at [email protected], Program Director.
Internship Application Deadline: Submit your application with all required materials by February 28.