To increase female participation in maritime engineering programmes, the University of Tasmania is proud to offer the International Women in Maritime Engineering Scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022.
Women from international countries are exclusively offered this application towards a career in Maritime Engineering at UTAS. This scholarship will cover the cost of study incurred in the first and second semesters of the undertaken programme.
The University of Tasmania is a public research university ranked 303rd in QS Global World Rankings and is one of the top public universities in Australia. It strives to continually evolve and transform to meet the challenges and opportunities that face us.
Why choose to study at the University of Tasmania? The University of Tasmania is a globally known university with a high dedication to the stewardship of learning and knowledge, academic freedom, excellence, and integrity. At UTAS, they give a strong emphasis on practical learning in order to prepare students for their future careers. UTAS also offers an excellent student support system.
Application Deadline: 4th August 2021
- University or Organization: University of Tasmania
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Award: $8,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia.
- Eligible Countries: International entrants from all overseas regions are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply to any undergraduate or postgraduate programme in Maritime Engineering at UTAS.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants are required to remain enrolled full-time (100%) in the approved course of study at UTAS.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates are required to register and log in on the university portal to apply to the desired programme at UTAS. The students are not required to submit a separate application for the opportunity .
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Academic transcripts
- Personal statement
- Country specific academic requirements
- Admission Requirements: International students must mandatorily meet the English language requirement of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students are required to provide the following tests with minimum scores required by the university:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL IBT – 76
- PTE – 50
- CAE- Grade C
- CPE – Grade C
- Cambridge BCE – Grade C
- UTAS English for Academic Purposes – 60%
The selected international students will receive $8,000 in two instalments of $4,000 per semester for an undergraduate programme and $4,000 for a postgraduate programme at UTAS.