Applications are now open for IRCMS Fellowship for 2021 spring Enrollment. The IRCMS Fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities.
The IRCMS will provide financial support to graduate students with exceptional academic qualifications and strong motivation to perform cutting-edge biomedical research through the IRCMS Fellowship.
User Review( votes)
The International Research Center for Medical Sciences (IRCMS) was established in 2014 as the center of excellence in Kumamoto University for world-class research in life sciences through the internationalization of its research environment and the establishment of global collaborations.
- Applications Deadline: November 12, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research. Prospective students are expected to be enrolled in the master’s or doctoral degree program at Kumamoto University and to train under the supervision of PIs affiliated with the IRCMS.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to do biomedical research.
- Scholarship Award: Successful candidate will be appointed as Research Assistant (RA) or Teaching Assistant (TA) and be paid upon Kumamoto University’s regulation. (1,090yen per hour for Master course students, 1,220yen per hour for Ph.D course students, with a maximum of 20 hours per week. Income tax will be deducted before payment.)
No other cost will be covered by IRCMS.
- Nationality: The IRCMS Fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: The IRCMS Fellowship is open to applicants of all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must agree to apply for one of the departments shown below of Graduate School of Medical Sciences in Kumamoto University.
English Language Requirements: Fellowship will be conducted in English.
How to Apply: Applications must be submitted by email to ircms [at] jimu.kumamoto-u.ac.jp. The application will not be accepted after the deadline date.
All of the following documents should be in A4 size. IRCMS may request additional documents if necessary. The total file size for each application should not exceed 5Mb.
1) Application form and CV with the designated format.
2) Undergraduate academic transcript (for master applicants); undergraduate and master academic transcripts (for doctoral applicants);
3) Degree certificate;
4) Official English Test score (TOEFL-PBT/-ITP, TOEIC/TOEIC-IP or IELTS).
5) 1-2 recommendation letters from teachers/mentors.
6) Any additional supporting documents (e.g., awards, publications).