As the second oldest university in Queensland, James Cook University (JCU) is a teaching and research institution. It is a remarkable university recognized today as one of the best modern universities in the world and consistently ranked in the top 400 academic universities worldwide since 2010.
Why at James Cook University- The university aspires to develop candidates who have the knowledge, skills. It supports students with their career planning through their services. The university provides a great opportunity for eligible candidates to connect with a wide variety of organizations.
- University or Organization: James Cook University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree program
- Scholarship Award: $10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Numbers of Award: Not known
- Nationality: Scholarship is available for Australian and New Zealand citizens
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: March 24, 2019
- Language: English
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: Australian and New Zealand citizens are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The scholarship is available to pursue an undergraduate degree program in the field of human health.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be Australian citizens or New Zealand, citizens. Candidate must be in the first year of full-time study in an undergraduate course at Townsville campus. He must be experiencing financial hardship and enrolled in an undergraduate degree in the area of human health.
- Candidate’s primary residence for 3 out of the last 5 years has been in a remote or rural area of Queensland or Northern Territory as defined by the ASCG category.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To apply for the scholarship applicants need to take admission at James Cook University. The candidate must need to submit the application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a written statement containing a description of activities, events or other involvement in the local community of the applicant’s primary place of residence, a written reference from an official involved in the community event or activity, evidence of financial hardship and proof of primary residential address during 3 out of the last 5 years.
- Language Requirement: In order to receive the scholarship, all applicants must need to fulfill the English language requirement.
Each successful scholar will receive the amount worth up to $10,000 for one year.