The Jacobs Foundation awards research fellowships for scholars whose research focuses on the development of children and adolescents. International applicants are eligible to apply for this research fellowship programme.
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers aiming at improving the development and living conditions of children and youth or contributing to one of the Jacobs Foundation’s thematic priorities.
A valuable offer to get fund for a research programme in Germany.
User Review( votes)
The Jacobs Foundation wants to contribute as an international foundation to enhance the development and education of present and future generations of young people so that they can be socially responsible members of society.
- Application Deadline: March 16, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: This includes, but is not limited to educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and medical sciences.
- Scholarship Award: Independent and Competitive Funding two Fellowship Categories:
- Jacob early career Research Fellowship: -150,000 CHF, funds may be used to cover own salary up to 50%.
- Jacob Advanced Research Fellowship: -400,000 CHF, funds may be used to cover own salary up to 25%.
- Number of Scholarships: Jacobs Early Career Research Fellowship: 7–11 and Jacobs Advanced Research Fellowship: 2–3
- Nationality: International applicants
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this research fellowship programme.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for this Scholarship:-
- Jacobs Early Career Research Fellowship is available for highly talented young scholars working on child and youth development. The ideal candidate has obtained his/her PhD no more than 7 years ago.
- Jacobs Advanced Research Fellowship is awarded to the most innovative mid-career researchers working on child and youth development. The ideal candidate has obtained his/her PhD no more than 15 years ago.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The following two documents must be submitted online in one PDF document until 16 March 202, 23.59 CET for an eligible candidate to be considered for a Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications;
- A statement by the candidate describing his or her significant scientific work and immediate research plans, and how these relate to the mission of the Jacobs Foundation (2 pages, 10pt, incl. references).
- A scientific paper by the candidate
- A 1-page recommendation letter from a department head or other senior researcher supporting the candidate and describing his or her qualifications, initiative, and research, should be sent directly to [email protected]
How to Apply: To participate in this scholarship, applicants must submit an online application form through the given link https://jacobsfoundation.spigit.com/2020applications/Page/PostIdea