Hello Students! You are invited to take part in the Japanese government awards program which is organized by the Embassy of Japan in the UK.
The bursary is open for the British citizens and aims to support applicants pursuing a postgraduate degree program in their interested field and building a bright future.
Great opportunity for British Citizens.
User Review( votes)
The Japanese government is the framework under the foundation by the Constitution of Japan. And the Embassy of Japan is the diplomatic mission of Japan in the United Kingdom.
Why in Japan? At Japan, aspirants get a great way of expanding their knowledge, meet new people, experience new culture and enjoy a new experience. Also, get plenty of support from faculty and an opportunity to live a great student lifestyle.
Application Deadline: June 5, 2019
The application window for the 2021 postgraduate scholarship is expected to open in April 2020.
Participants are requested to see the eligibility criteria-
- The applicants of British nationality are eligible for this grant.
- They can apply for a postgraduate degree course in the field of Humanities and Social Sciences in which Literature, History, Philosophy, Aesthetics, Law, Politics, Economics, Commerce, Pedagogy, Psychology, Sociology, Music, Fine Arts, etc are included also in the field of Natural Sciences in which Pure Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Fisheries, Pharmacology, Medicine, Dentistry, Home Economics, Architecture, etc are available.
- Outsiders who renounced their Japanese nationality are eligible. Candidate must be under the age of 35 and be healthy mentally or physically as expected for psychological challenges.
- Applicants must arrive in Japan between 1 and 7 October. If you have already enrolled at the Japanese University and already taken a grant from the Japanese Government so you are not eligible for this opportunity.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The Embassy of Japan in London will call applicants for interview and then select preliminary candidates. You need to gain admission as a research student or a regular student at the university. Aspirants must have to submit all the documents of the application by post to- MEXT Postgraduate Scholarship, Japan Information and Cultural Centre, Embassy of Japan, 101-104 Piccadilly, London W1J 7JT
- Supporting Documents: Application form, placement preference application form, a field of study and research plan, academic transcript, reference letter, and health certificate must be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: The award will be awarded on an annual basis to those with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- Language Requirement: If you wish to study subjects such as Japanese literature or law then you need to be good in the Japanese Language otherwise good English language proficiency is sufficient to study in Japan.
The educational award will cover matriculation and tuition fees Allowance: ¥143,000 (subject to change) per month to each student and also offers a six-month Japanese language course.