The Japan International Cooperation Agency is pleased to announce the availability of Master’s Degree and Internship Program. The programme is available for African students.
The objective of Master’s Degree and Internship Program of the ABE Initiative is to support young personnel who have the potential to contribute to the development of industries in Africa.
User Review( votes)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is advancing its activities around the pillars of a field-oriented approach, human security, and enhanced effectiveness, efficiency, and speed.
Course Level: The programme is available to pursue master degree.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in any field of study for master’s courses at Japanese universities while engineering, agriculture and economics/business administration are specified as key fields. Proposed
Award: The programme will cover the followings:
- Tuition at Japanese university master’s degree programs (and research student)
- Allowances for living expenses, outfit, shipping etc. See the box below for more 10/ 12 details.
- A round-trip airfare
- Expenses for support programs during the study in Japan, including the costs of observation tours and internship
Number of Awards: Two hundred opportunities are available.
The award can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Citizens of one of the 54 African countries
- Between 22 and 39 years old (as of April 1st in the year of your arrival in Japan)
- Bachelor’s degree (equivalent to at least 16 years of academic background)
- Applicants for the category of “Government Officials” and “Educators” are required:
- To have more than 6 months working experience in their current organizations, and
- To obtain permission for application and securing reinstatement from their current organizations.
- Clearly, understanding the objectives of this program, and to have a strong will to contribute to the industrial development of their home countries as well as to strengthen the linkage between their countries and Japan after returning home.
- Applicants must:
- Be in good health condition to complete the program,
- Not receive or plan to receive a scholarship offered by other foreign organizations, and
- Attend the activities on the weekends in unavoidable circumstances (ex. official exam).
Nationality: African applicants can apply for the programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have Bachelor’s degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have adequate English skills both in written and oral communication to complete the master’s course.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
Application Deadline: Closed