Applications are open for highly qualified researchers of all nationalities to apply for the Joint Berlin-Jerusalem Post-Doctoral Fellowship Program. The scheme is funded by the two universities namely the Free University of Berlin and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
The goal of this program is to pool resources and attract highly promising postdoctoral researchers to the combined strengths of two renowned research universities working in partnership.
Nice offer for international researchers.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1948, Freie Universität Berlin has 15 departments and central institutes including veterinary studies. It offers vocational training, opportunities for cooperative academic education.
Why should apply for this research project? In this program, candidates can commence the postdoctoral research and learn how the project will profit from the research environments of both institutions.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
- University: The Free University of Berlin
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: € 2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: All nationalities
- The award can be taken in Germany
- Eligible Countries: All countries candidates are eligible to apply for this application
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The fellowship proposal may involve all disciplines, thematic or subject areas that exist at both universities or are complementary.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the candidates who acquired their PhD prior to that date may also apply if there was an eligible lapse in their research activity (e.g. family responsibilities).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates are asked to register and submit their applications via the FUB application form at Dahlem Research School. For questions regarding the program and application procedures please contact the staff in charge at both universities: Limor Levy, International Office, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem: [email protected] and Hans-Martin Meis, Center for International Cooperation, Freie Universität Berlin: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: You are required to upload all the following documents:
- Research proposal and time plan (max. 10 pages in total including all references/figures/tables).
- Concise Curriculum Vitae with a list of principal publications (max. 4 pages in total).
- Two recommendation letters (including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor) – can be sent directly to the below coordinators if the referees prefer.
- Two explicit endorsement letters by the potential host supervisors at Freie Universität Berlin and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English.
The university will provide a monthly stipend of € 2,000 and a one-time relocation allowance (€ 2,000).