Need funding for master education? The University of London, SOAS and the Japan Research Centre (JRC) is offering the JRC Fuwaku Scholarship 2019 for eligible students in the field of Japanese Studies.
There are two scholarships available for the students who are enrolling in PhD or postgraduate Taught Masters Degree program in the field of Japanese Studies. The bursaries are open for the UK/EU and Overseas applicants.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1916, SOAS University of London is a public research university in London, England. It offers around 350 undergraduate bachelor’s degree combinations, more than 100 one-year master’s degrees and Ph.D. programs in nearly every department.
- Application Deadline: May 1, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available to study Ph.D. or postgraduate Taught Masters Degree program
- Award: financial aid positions will be awarded worth up to £10,000
- Number of Awards: Two opportunities are available for the students
- Nationality: The bursaries are open for the UK/EU and Overseas applicants
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of UK/EU and Overseas are eligible to apply for the opportunity s.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The studentships are available to study the Ph.D. or postgraduate Taught Masters Degree program in the field of Japanese Studies.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity s, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The bursaries are open for the UK/EU and Overseas applicants.
- The bursaries are available for MPhil/Ph.D. applicants, the research proposal must focus on Japan. The applicants should provide evidence of this in the research proposal of their admission application.
- The applicants who are enrolling in Postgraduate Taught Masters Degree program have must write their dissertation on a theme connected with Japan. Applicants should provide evidence of this in the statement of their admission application. For current Postgraduate Taught, Masters Degree should provide evidence of this in their application.
- The Postgraduate Taught Masters Degree applicants must take a minimum of 1.0 units (or equivalent e.g 2x 0.5 units) on Japan/Japanese studies. Applicants (new and current) should provide evidence of this in their application.
- The applicants should include in the application details of their skills in Japanese. While the Japanese language is not essential, it is desirable so it will be helpful if the applicants’ referees comment on their skills in Japanese in the areas of reading, composition, and speaking, if applicable.
- The candidates must have an offer of admission to a degree program at SOAS by the program’s deadline.
- The applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS University of London.
- The Applicants of current masters students enrolled in Year 1 in 2018-19 and entering Year 2 in 2019-20 are also eligible to apply.
To apply for the opportunity s, the applicant must follow the application procedure.
How to Apply
- Step 1: To apply for the opportunity s, applicants must submit the online admission form to the university through the given link below and also submit the supporting documents.
- Step 2: The applicants must download and submit the application form.
The applicant must submit the supporting documents to apply for the opportunity s:
- The applicant must submit their two references.
- A CV that must cover formal education and work history with start and end dates clearly displayed.
- A personal statement and a research proposal.
The applicants, who want to apply for the opportunity , must also submit an application for admission well in advance. Applicants can submit an online application for the admission through the given link:
- For the taught masters program: https://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/pg/howtoapply/
- For MPhil/Ph.D. program: https://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/pg/research/howtoapply/
The successful applicant will receive the amount worth up to £10,000.