The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust is presenting the fully-funded Kader Asmal Fellowship program for higher education in Ireland.
The free education program is available for South African participants who wish to participate in a master’s degree program at one of the Irish Universities.
A wonderful program for pursuing higher studies in Ireland
User Review( votes)
Since 1981, Canon Collins Trust helps high-quality graduates to become the next generation of legal researchers, lawyers, and social activists. It also extends to access to primary and secondary schooling.
Why at this educational program? Through this program, the candidates have an opportunity to study at one of the best Irish universities. It offers a fully-funded award which will be beneficial to pursue studies in Ireland.
- University or Organization: The Embassy of Ireland and Canon Collins Trust
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Masters degree
- Award: Fully-funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: South Africa
- The program can be taken in Ireland
- Application Deadline: September 11, 2019
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of South Africa are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: A masters degree program in the field of Agriculture, Environmental Science, Conservation, Rural Development , Food Science, Food Engineering and related, Pharmacy and Biotechnology, Health, Medicine and Health Economics, Development Studies, Peace Studies, Conflict Resolution, and Humanitarian Action, Social Policy, Social Research, Community Development, and Sociology, Law, Human Rights, Women’s Studies, Gender Studies, Equality Studies, Engineering, Hydrology, Sustainable Technology, Economics, Finance, Accounting, Management, and Business, Information Systems and Communications Technology, and Tourism.
- Admissible Criteria: A participant should have a minimum of two years of relevant work experience (this can include internships and volunteering).
- Must not have applied for Kader Asmal Fellowship Programme on more than one previous occasion.
How to Apply
The application process is divided into three parts-
- Preliminary Application: The students need to submit an application form with the scanned copies of their passport, bachelor’s degree certificate, final degree academic transcripts, and language ability proof before the deadline.
- Detailed Application: Successful participants will be invited to move on stage 2 and complete a more detailed application form including the submission of all required documents.
- Interviews: All eligible candidates will be invited for interviews at the Irish Embassy.
- An ideal candidate should hold an honours’ level academic qualification with a minimum grade point average of 75% (First class honour, or second class honour, Grade.
- It is required to demonstrate the English language ability by taking the IELTS test.
Following benefits will be granted-
- The university application fees, tuition fees, examination, and other fees.
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence to Ireland
- Settling in allowance, book allowance, and study allowance
- Accommodation along with a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover other living expense for you only.
- And the costs of an entry clearance (student visitor visa) application.