Ritsumeikan University is inviting applications for KENKYU-SHOREI Scholarships A/B and KENKYU SHOREI S Scholarships (Prize Fellowship for the Doctoral Degree Students) for the academic year 2019-20.
The purpose of this scholarship is to encourage research activities of graduate students who have achieved excellence in their field of research.
Amazing offer for Japanese students
User Review( votes)
In Ritsumeikan University, Doctoral Student Career Path Support Center was launched in April in 2010 to support graduate students in Doctoral program with their career and to train them to success in either academic or non-academic areas. The center has been offering a variety of seminars as well as scholarships and grants to give them chances to enrich their research activities.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship A Amount equivalent to full tuition fees
Scholarship B- Amount equivalent to half of the tuition fees
Scholarship S- Amount equivalent to full tuition fees
Number of Scholarships: Up to three scholarships
Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
*Regarding these scholarships, doctoral students currently enrolled refers to the following:
- Students enrolled in a Doctoral Program(included a 4-year doctoral program).
- Students enrolled in Year 3 or above in the Integrated Doctoral Program.
- Here, currently enrolled refers to students with a status of either enrolled or study abroad.
* Study abroad means to study abroad programs offered by Ritsumeikan (i.e. DMDP, Exchange programs).
For Kenkyu Shorei S: Students falling under any of below 1 or 2 will be awarded KENKYU-SHOREI S
1. Students who have been accepted as JSPS Research Fellowship for Young Scientists DC1/DC2
2. Students who passed the 1st stage screening and invited for the 2nd stage screening by JSPS
For Kenkyu Shorei A or B: Students currently enrolled either in a Doctoral Program, year 3 or above of the Integrated Doctoral Program, or 4-Year Doctoral Program who have achieved excellence in their field of research or can be expected to achieve the Educational/Research Goals set by each graduate school.
Nationality: Students from Japan are eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
How to Apply
For Kenkyu Shorei S
Recipients will receive notification from Ritsumeikan University. Please take necessary procedures accordingly. (Scheduled in mid-June).
*Procedures for disbursement will be completed within the first semester.
For Kenkyu Shorei A or B
Applicants are required to submit the designated application form.
For details, please refer to the Application Guidelines.
- For Kenkyu Shorei S: 100% reduction in tuition fee
- For Kenkyu Shorei A: 100% reduction in tuition fee
- For Kenkyu Shorei B: 50% reduction in tuition fee
Application Deadline: Applications will open on Friday, November 1 until November 8, 2019