Applications are invited for Peking University Boya Postdoctoral Fellowship for young researchers to conduct research in diverse branches of learning such as basic and applied sciences, social sciences, humanities, management, engineering and education. Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Boya Postdoctoral Fellowship, initiated by Peking University in 2016, aims at drawing prospective young talents all over the world to conduct postdoctoral research and pursue academic excellence at Peking University, Beijing, China.
User Review( votes)
The Kavli Institute for Astronomy and Astrophysics (KIAA) is jointly supported by Peking University and an endowment made possible by a generous gift from the Kavli Foundation, USA. KIAA was established in June 2006 and started operation in 2007. KIAA’s mission is to establish an international center of excellence in astronomy and astrophysics that promotes the development of basic astrophysical research. Its primary goal is to foster frontier research in a vibrant intellectual environment. With English as its working language, KIAA is engaged in theoretical and observational initiatives, development and utilization of astronomical facilities, and training of undergraduate and graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Applications Deadline: October 15, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: It offers young researchers opportunities to conduct research in diverse branches of learning such as basic and applied sciences, social sciences, humanities, management, engineering and education.
- Scholarship Award: Each Fellowship is no less than 540,000RMB (including basic annual salary, insurances, housing subsidies, etc.) and is awarded for 24 consecutive months.
- Nationality: Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: The number of the fellowships is limited to no more than 200 for 2018 academic year and will be awarded through two rounds of application and selection in 2018. No more than 140 fellowships will be awarded for the first round and no more than 60 fellowships will be awarded for the second round.
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Researchers of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The fellowship is open to highly qualified researchers of all nationalities who received their PhD no more than three years prior to the deadlines of the corresponding calls, as are instructed below. Researchers holding a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible to apply.
Selection is based on the academic excellence of the applicant, the quality of the proposed research project, compelling demonstration of the anticipated synergy of the proposed research project and the host institution, and the commitment of postdoctoral supervisor at Peking University. The excellent research proposal should include information on how the project will benefit from the research environments of Peking University.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The applicants must identify one faculty member at Peking University who will serve as a postdoctoral supervisor and get his/her written endorsement (Information about postdoc supervisors at Peking University could be found at schools, departments, institutes or centers by visiting. The number of the fellowships is limited to no more than 200 for 2018 academic year and will be awarded through two rounds of application and selection in 2018. No more than 140 fellowships will be awarded for the first round and no more than 60 fellowships will be awarded for the second round.
All application documents must be prepared in Chinese or English and include the following:
- Application Form of Peking University Boya Postdoctoral Fellowship (see attachment 1);
- Two recommendation letters (including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor), the letters can be sent to the corresponding coordinators (see attachment 2) directly if the referees prefer;
- One explicit endorsement letter by the postdoc supervisor at Peking University including detailed information on the added value for the research project and a clear statement of commitment regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisor will provide to the fellow;