King’s College London is pleased to announce the availability of Africa Studentships for the academic year 2023/2024.
The studentship is available for African nationals who are permanently resident in an African country. The funding opportunity is intended to help outstanding African students pursue a full-time PhD program at King’s College London.
Nice offer for international students
User Review( votes)
King’s College London was founded in 1829 by King George and in 1836 it became one of the two founding colleges of the University of London. It was ranked 33rd in the 2020 and 98th in 2019. It is England’s oldest university, offering world-class teaching and cutting-edge research.
Why study at King’s College London? The university has an excellent global reputation for teaching excellence. It offers a wide range of discipline for you to study and building a bright future. It has been providing exceptional education and world-class research with the goal of bringing about positive and long-term change in society.
Application Deadline: 30 June, 2023
- University or Organization: King’s College London
- Department: African Leadership Centre
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: Africa
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom.
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from African countries are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarships will be awarded in the following disciplinary areas of particular relevance:
- International Political Economy
- Political Economy
- Fashion Management
- Business, Development Studies
- Media and Creative Industries
- Social Sciences.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Be African nationals and be permanently resident in an African country.
- Must obtain a High Merit or Distinction at Master’s level (or equivalent) in any subject.
- Meet the academic requirements for enrolment for the PhD degree in the Faculty of Social Science and Policy at King’s College London.
- Demonstrate a strong interest in fashion and the creative economy (academic, professional, personal).
- Possess good team-working, observational, organization and communication skills.
- Have experience of qualitative and quantitative methods.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates may apply through King’s applicable online application system.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the following supporting documents:
- Personal statement
- Curriculum vita
- Cover letter
- Relevant experience
- Academic reference(s)
- Research proposal/project approval form
- Transcripts of previous qualifications (with English translations if necessary)
- English language qualifications (if applicable)
- Additional documents (if required, such as a sample of previous academic writing)
- Admission Requirements: The students are required to present the admission requirements:
- Fulfill all entrance requirements, including English language proficiency.
- Additional requirements may be needed depending on the program, such as occupational health, Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks, and Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill the following language requirements:
- If your first language is not English you must be able to provide recent evidence that your spoken and written command of the English language is adequate for the programmes for which you have applied.
The following perks are included with the studentship for four years:
- Tuition fees at the higher international/overseas rate
- Research costs up to £5,000 per annum
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2022/23, this was set at £19,688)