The Library’s John W. Kluge Center is eagerly awaiting applications from U.S. citizens or foreign students for its Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies in the USA. The fellowship is open to scholars and practitioners from all disciplines for the academic session 2020/2021.
The fellowships will provide the opportunity to engage with various digital departments in the Library of Congress while pursing and sharing their research.
Get up to 3 three Fellowships of $5,000 in Digital Studies for the academic session 2020/2021.
User Review( votes)
The John W. Kluge Center at the Library of Congress is a world-renowned research centre in the United States. It has immortalized ten intellectual giants from around the world with the conferral of the Kluge Prize for Achievement in the Study of Humanity.
Why would you like to study at the Kluge Center? The centre invites top scholars from around the globe to the Library of Congress and made their knowledge, creativity, and wisdom accessible to the U.S. Congress and the American people. It brings together the world’s best thinkers to contribute to the conversation about the challenges facing democracies in the 21st century.
Application Deadline: December 6, 2020
- University or Organization: Library’s John W. Kluge Center
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: A research program
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to 3
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Research degree program in Digital Studies.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Open to scholars and practitioners worldwide.
- Open to scholars from all disciplines.
- PhD or another advanced terminal degree strongly preferred.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the fellowship, application materials must be submitted by the deadline date via the Kluge Center’s online application system.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit a completed application form, in English, a curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages; additional pages will be discarded), a complete project proposal, and three references with completed reference forms from people who have read the research proposal.
- Admission Requirements: Candidates are required to hold their previous Certificates of Degree.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language then you must submit a copy of a recent English language test certificate or provide details of when you are going to take the test.
Library’s John W. Kluge Center will provide up to 3 three Kluge Fellowships in Digital Studies that will cover the following benefits:
- For residency up to 11 months. Constraints of space and the desirability of accommodating the maximum number of Fellows may lead to an offer of fewer months than requested.
- $5,000 per month, paid monthly by the Library of Congress, by means of electronic transfer to a U.S. bank account.
- For residential research at the Library of Congress only.