Get an excellent funding opportunity to study in South Korea. Kunsan National University is welcoming aspirants from all around the world to apply for the PhD Studentship program.
This study award is available to support all students who are interested to pursue a PhD in Robotics and Autonomous Systems program at KNU in Korea.
It’s a lucky chance for aspirants from all around the world to get an education in South Korea.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1979, Kunsan National University is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the small city of Gunsan, North Jeolla. It offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study.
Why study at Kunsan National University? KNU provides advice and a range of services to empower you with the skills and knowledge to plan for your future career and successfully transition from student into professional.
Application Deadline: May 30, 2020
- University: Kunsan National University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Awards: Tuition fees and monthly salary
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Korea
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Robotics and Autonomous Systems
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- A solid academic background with an MSc. degree in either of these: Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, ICT, Electronics Engineering, or other related disciplines with a grade of B or better in terms of UiA’s grading scale (or equivalent), is required.
- Applicants must have either already finished their master’s degree during the last five years or have a date for the defense of the Master Thesis that will take place not later than September 2020.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for this opportunity, you are required to take admission to a PhD degree at KNU. After being enrolled, they need to contact- Deok-Jin Lee, Professor via email Deokjlee-at-kunsan.ac.kr for the application process of this position.
- Supporting Documents: You must submit all the following documents:
- CV with picture (applicant for PhD, Post-doc. and MSc)
- Certificate of record for undergraduate courses (applicant for PhD, Post-doc and MSc)
- Certificate of record for graduate courses (applicant for PhD and Post-doc.)
- MSc thesis (applicant for PhD)
- BSc thesis (applicant for MSc)
- PhD thesis (applicant for Post-doc.)
- Written and spoken English proficiency. Applicants from some countries must document their English proficiency through one of the following tests or certificates:
- TOEFL – Test of English as a Foreign Language with a minimum score of 600 on the Paper-based Test (PBT), or a minimum of 92 on the Internet-based Test (iBT)
- IELTS – International English Language Testing System, with a result of at least 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5. (only Academic IELTS test accepted)
- CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) certificate of at least Level B2
- Journal or conference papers, if any.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants who have received (expected) a Master’s degree or been recognized as having the equivalent academic experience and is deemed appropriate by the KNU president.
- Language Requirement: Be good in the English language.
Kunsan National University will provide tuition fees and monthly salary, but the total amount will be up to students’ skills and experiences.