The Korea National University of Arts is inviting applications for Art Major Asian (AMA) Scholarships. Scholarships are available to conduct advanced studies (bachelor’s and master’s degrees) at the University.
The objective of the Art Major Asian (AMA) Scholarship Program is to provide Asian students with artistic talent to conduct advanced studies and ability in Korea National University of Arts in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between the countries.
User Review( votes)
Korea National University of Arts (K-Arts) has served as home to prominent Korean artists inspiring their creativity. It has also been fulfilling its mission of fostering and aspiring young artists blessed with great passion and potentials.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to conduct advanced studies (bachelor’s and master’s degrees) at Korea National University of Arts.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to eligible undergraduate and graduate programmes available in the following Schools: School of Music, School of Drama, School of Film, TV and Multimedia, School of Dance, School of Visual Arts, School of Korean Traditional Arts.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the following:
- Airfare: the shortest route, economy class, when entering and graduating
- Monthly Allowance: 800,000won (KRW) per month
- Korean Language Training Fee: Full coverage
- Tuitions: Full coverage (regular semester only))
- Medical Insurance: Limited coverage
Number of award(s): Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in South Korea
Eligibility:: Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships:
- Only those who hold a citizenship of the 20 countries below are eligible for the program. Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan and Vietnam
- Have graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a high school/university by 28th Feb 2018. Applicants who apply for the master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree. Applicants who are expecting to graduate by 28th Feb 2018 must submit a certificate of graduation expectation when you apply, and submit the official certificate of graduation(degree or diploma) to Karts by 1st March 2018
- Have adequate health, both physically and mentally.
- Have no limitations in travelling abroad.
- Have outstanding artistic talents, gifted skills and an excellent academic record.
- Applicants recommended by the government, ministries, and embassies of Korea and each country.
- Applicants recommended by the rector of the university graduated or attending, or head of government-approved organizations, companies and art related institution etc.
- Specific Qualification and Portfolio and Requirement by each department and major.
Nationality: Citizens of Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan and Vietnam are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be graduated or be scheduled to graduate from a high school
English Language Requirement: Language proficiency in Korean or English is highly recommended, and required a level of these languages vary by departments.
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by postal mail or in person. When submitting the documents, the documents should be arranged by the checklist order in FORM 1. Each document can be stapled, but do not staple all the documents together.
- Application [Form 1]
- Self-Introduction [Form 2]
- Study Plan [Form 3]
- Personal Medical Assessment [Form 4] Medical assessment made within 6 months as of the date of submission only is available.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation [Form 5] References signed within 6 months as of the date of submission only are available.
- A copy of diploma or certificate of (expected) graduation with Apostille.
- Official Transcripts(the most recently attended high school)
- A Hard Copy of Passport
- Certificate of Korean or English Proficiency
- Certificates of relevant work experiences, award and/or another achievement (Optional)
- Portfolio(please leave your name on each page or portfolio in case of missing)
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.