Giving a perfect start to a career is very important for students. That‡s why the Japanese Language Elective Scholarship (JLES) is offered by the Ministry of Education for the year 2020.
Undergraduate financial aid positions will be available to outstanding JLEP students to specialize in specific academic or professional disciplines in established tertiary institutions in Japan.
Good chance for Singapore citizens.
User Review( votes)
This study award is to encourage academically able and linguistically talented students to study Japanese at the H2 level under the Japanese Language Elective Programme (JLEP).
The Ministry of Education (MOE) formulates and implements education policies on education structure, curriculum, pedagogy, and assessment. The mission of MOE is to mould the future of the nation by molding the people who will determine the future of the nation.
Application Deadline: February 24, 2020
University or Organization: The Ministry of Education
Course Level: Undergraduate Studies
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic students
The program can be taken in Singapore
Eligible Countries: Domestic students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in any undergraduate studies degree offered by the university.
Admissible Criteria: Applicants should:
- Applicants must be Singapore Citizens;
- Have done consistently well in school and obtained outstanding results in their GCE O-Level Examination or equivalent based on their IP school‡s internal assessment;
- Have obtained at least a B3 in Japanese;
- Have successfully been admitted to MOELC (Bishan);
- Have a very good co-curricular activities record;
- Have a good conduct record; and
- Not currently be in receipt of any MOE scholarship (except Edusave Scholarships).
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For a application, please log in to the application system using your SingPass. Logging in through a third-party SingPass is not allowed and will render your application void.
- Supporting Documents: For the opportunity applications, applicants must have all previous documents, academic transcripts and certificates to apply for this study grant.
- Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Benefit: The scholarship provides an allowance of $1,000 per annum. It also covers school fees based on Singapore Citizens‡ rates less any subsidies, subject to an annual cap of $2,400.