If you wish to study foreign languages and cultures, then you can apply for the Language Scholarships at the Centre College in the USA. The applications are open for the academic year 2023-2024.
This scholarship aims to recognize students with a strong background in Arabic, French, German, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish who wish to start their study of language and culture at Centre College. Students that are proficient in these languages are eligible to take this scholarship and its benefits.
Nice offer for international students
User Review( votes)
Centre College is a private liberal arts college in Danville ranked 52nd in National Liberal Arts Colleges. It had made it its mission to prepare students for lives of learning, leadership, and service. CC wants to spread the learning demanded by today’s employers.
Why choose to study at Centre College? Centre College is a dedicated university that has pledged continued efforts to build and strengthen the students’ performance. It offers its students a life-changing performance with career-focused internships that expand their knowledge and network while giving them valuable learning experiences in a professional setting.
Application Deadline: November 15
- University or Organization: Centre College
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Any
- Award: $3,000 to $5,000 per year
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: American and all other international students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can take up any degree programme offered at Centre College.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must take two courses of their target language at the Centre and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in these courses.
- The applicants must take two courses of another foreign language or one course of another foreign language in addition to Linguistics 210, and maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in these courses.
- The applicants must pursue a study abroad opportunity.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students can apply to Centre College via the Common Application Separate scholarship applications need to be submitted at the end of this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Applicants for a French, German, or Spanish scholarship must submit their essays in the target language. Applicants for a Japanese, Latin, or Mandarin scholarship may submit their essay in English”How did you become interested in this language? What do you like best about your capabilities in your acquired language? How do you think your study of language and culture will enhance your future?” (500-word limit)
- Certificate of finance
- Secondary school report
- Official transcript of high school
- Teacher evaluation
- Academic recordsExtracurricular activities
- One recommendation letter
- Admission Requirements: Students who wish may submit the ACT or SAT, and score reports may be sent from the respective testing services.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must demonstrate proficiency in French, German, Latin, Mandarin, or Spanish or a desire to learn Arabic. All international applicants applying to Centre for whom English is not their first language must submit official results from either the TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English Test (DET). Our required minimum for the TOEFL is 90, IELTS is 7.0, and DET is 115.
The winning applicants will be provided an amount of $3,000 to $5,000 per year by the Centre College.