South East Technological University (SETU) is pleased to announce the ‘Launch of SETU PhD Scholarship Program’ in Ireland for the academic year 2023-2024.
The scholarship program aims to promote high-quality, innovative research, providing research and development training for highly skilled graduates leading to the award of a PhD, while also supporting the increase in PhD numbers at SETU. Applicants will receive PhD projects ranging from €105,000 to €109,000 will be awarded over four years.
A worthy offer to study in the Netherlands.
Amazing opportunity for international students in Ireland.
User Review( votes)
The South East Technological University (SETU) is a higher education institution found in Waterford, Ireland. It was founded in 2021 through the merger of three existing institutes of technology Waterford Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology Carlow, and Institute of Technology Kilkenny.
Why study at the South East Technological University? SETU is a leading technological university discovered in Waterford, Ireland. SETU is a well-respected institution known for delivering high-quality education and research in a range of disciplines, including science, engineering, business, humanities, and health sciences.
Application Deadline: 03 April 2023 (full application), 13 March 2023 (Expression of Interest)
- University or Organization: South East Technological University (SETU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 30
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Ireland
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for a PhD degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must have a strong academic background and meet the admission requirements for a PhD program at SETU. Applicants must also demonstrate the potential for high-quality research and innovative thinking.
- This scheme is open to PhD Supervisors to apply for a scholarship award.
- Applications from academic and research staff members from all campuses (Waterford, Carlow and Wexford) interested in supervising PhD students to be funded under the SETU PhD Scholarship Program 2023.
How to Apply
The Full application form to apply
- How to Apply: Students must complete their admission application via the online Portal. The full application template is available to download here.
- To apply for the Launch of SETU PhD Scholarship Program, applicants must complete the following steps:
- Step 1: Expressions of Interest (EOI) should be completed online on or before 1700h, 13?March 2023. This will include a 500-word abstract and working title. A completed application should be submitted to [email protected] Applications should be submitted electronically by the Principal Investigator. The subject line should include the applicant’s name and the name of the program for which you are applying.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documents: curriculum vitae (CV), a research proposal, academic transcripts, two letters of reference, and evidence of English language proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a minimum of a 2.1 honors degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant field. They should also have a master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field. Additionally, applicants must meet the English language requirements set by SETU.
- The upper limit is 11 pages excluding appendices and declaration sheets. The supervisor sheet may be duplicated to provide the co-supervisor’s details.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English must provide evidence of English language proficiency by achieving a minimum score of 6.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent test. Applicants who have completed their previous degree through the medium of English may be exempt from this requirement.
- The South East Technological University (SETU) will provide PhD projects ranging from €105,000 to €109,000 will be awarded over four years.
- A maximum of 30 scholarships will be funded.
- This includes €18,500 in student stipends and €2,000 in research expenses per annum with an additional €1,000 for lab-based projects where justified.
- Postgraduate tuition fees are also covered under the scholarship to a maximum value of €5,750 per year.