If you are a researcher in the biochemical analysis of metabolites and modified food components or are passionate about innovating in vitro model systems for research into the effect of food on human health, then you must apply for the Researcher Nutritional Biochemistry Position at the Wageningen University & Research.
Great offer for students to complete their research degree in Netherlands.
User Review( votes)
Candidates can apply for the ongoing academic year 2022-2023. To be eligible, applicants must have a PhD degree certification and work experience in biochemistry, microbiology, nutrition or health. The appointed candidate will be offered a gross salary of €2,949 – and €4,807.
Located in a region of the Netherlands known as the Food Valley and founded in 1918, the Wageningen University & Research is a public university in Wageningen, Netherlands, specializing in technical and engineering subjects and is an important center for life sciences and agricultural research.
Why choose to study at the Wageningen University & Research? Wageningen University & Research is ranked as one of the best 150 universities in the world. The university’s mission is to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. It is a research institution focusing on healthy food and living conditions.
Application Deadline: The application period will last until 21st August 2022.
- University or Organization: Wageningen University & Research
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: €4807
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands.
- Eligible Countries: All international and home country national students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Researcher Nutritional Biochemistry position at Wageningen University & Research.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- you preferably have experience with applied research in a contract research organization or in the business world;
- you have broad experience with analytical technologies to measure nutrients and (by)products of digestion and fermentation (think of soluble and non-soluble fibres, lipids, carbohydrates, etc. with HPLC, UPLC, LC-MS/MS), interpret data and translate research questions into an experimental approach;
- you preferably have experience with in vitro model systems for digestion and fermentation, such as the INFOGEST digestion model, SHIME and TIM model.
- Affinity with data analysis is a plus.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: The applicants need to apply via the Studielink Researcher position applications can be made via this page.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Copy of passport
- Employers statement
- Government statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a PhD and several years of work experience with a background in biochemistry, microbiology (with a focus on metabolite analysis/metabolomics), nutrition or health, and you have an affinity with the agri-food sector.
- Language Requirement: The students must have strong oral and written expression in Dutch and English.
The selected candidates will be appointed to the position of Researcher Nutritional Biochemistry with a gross salary between €2,949 – and €4,807 by Wageningen University & Research.