Are you an academic with proven abilities to carry out teaching in Korean Language and Studies? Then you can apply for the Lecturer Teaching & Scholarships in the Korean School of Languages, Cultures and Societies Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures offered by the University of Leeds for the academic year 2022/2023.
The University of Leeds is an English public research university located in Leeds, West Yorkshire. Its mission is to attract the brightest and most successful students from around the world, regardless of their background and to advance knowledge, transform lives, and shape a better future.
Nice chance for international students to get a full-time annual salary of £40,927 per year in the UK.
User Review( votes)
Why study at the University of Leeds? The University of Leeds is among the most prestigious universities in the United Kingdom. Its rigorous academic standards, research-based education, and innovative programs are well-known. In the 2021 QS World Rankings, it was ranked 21 in the United Kingdom. It also offers various bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Wednesday 03 August 2022.
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Cultures
- Course Level: Lecturer
- Award: £40,927
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: National or international
- The award can be taken in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Lecturer Positions in Faculty of Arts, Humanities & Cultures offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Experience in teaching in a university environment;
- A proven record of high-quality Korean language teaching, as evidenced in student feedback or from peer review
- The ability to supervise student research and translation projects
- Experience of integrating IT with teaching, including working with online environments
- Active involvement in teaching-related scholarship at a national level as well as contributions to local School/Faculty activity
How to Apply
- Supporting Documents: Students must provide degree certificates, academic transcripts, and a CV with their application.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a PhD (or be close to completion) in Korean Studies or a related field.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
and the ability to communicate effectively in both Korean and English
The University of Leeds will offer the selected candidates a position as the Lecturer at the School of Languages, Cultures and Societies in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures with a full-time annual salary of £34,304 to £40,927 p.a.