Incoming post-doctorates conducting research in one of Israel’s universities are invited to apply for the Excellence Fellowships programme for International Postdoctoral Researchers offered by the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities for the academic year 2022-2023.
The fellowship program is open to international candidates who have received a PhD from a recognized higher education institution outside of Israel less than 4 years from the time of application or are expected to receive one. 20 students will be awarded this fellowship worth 160,000 NIS (~$47,000) per year.
Great opportunity for aspirants in Israel.
User Review( votes)
Application Deadline: The applications will close on 1st October 2022.
- University or Organisation: Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral
- Award: 160,000 NIS
- Number of Awards: 20
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Israel.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for a postdoctoral programme in Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), the Humanities and the Social Sciences offered at Ariel University, Bar-Ilan University, Ben-Gurion University, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Open University of Israel, Reichman University, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Tel Aviv University, University of Haifa, or Weizmann Institute of Science.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have been accepted to a post-doctoral position under the supervision of a faculty member at one of the eligible Israeli universities.
- Candidates who have received a PhD from a recognized higher education institution outside of Israel less than 4 years from the time of application (not including parental or medical leave), or who will receive a PhD from a recognized higher education institution outside of Israel prior to the commencement of the fellowship.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Candidates should apply directly to the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities. Applicants must have to submit the form.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Application form.
- Application letter: max. 2 pages, font Arial size 12, line spacing
- Letter of recommendation from the host supervisor: max. 2 pages on formal letterhead.
- Commitment letter signed by the rector of the host university on formal letterhead indicating that the university will cover the required financial contribution to the fellowship. In addition, the university must commit to providing the fellow with the necessary research equipment, facilities and support to conduct the proposed research project.
- CV and list of publications (list only).
- Short description of research, including preliminary results if such exist (2 pages).
- Candidates who have not yet finished their PhD are required to submit a confirmation from the relevant authority where the doctorate is being carried out that the candidate will fulfill all of his/her academic obligations (including thesis defence) prior to the commencement of the fellowship, and
is expected to receive his/her doctoral degree no later than the end of the first year of the fellowship.
- All materials should be submitted in one PDF file by October 1, 2022, to Mrs. Batsheva Shor, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, at the following address: [email protected] with the Subject: “Application Material for Dr. _________________”.
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the entry requirements for the program they chose at their respective universities.
- Language Requirement: The applicants must meet the language requirements of the university for which they apply.
The successfully selected postdoctoral candidates will be awarded this fellowship for a period of two years at the award amount of 160,000 NIS, i.e. $47,000 a year.