The Mandela Scholarship Fund is initiated by Leiden University to attract excellent South African Students for the academic year 2020-2021. The fund is available to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degree coursework.
The funding program is awarded to talented students who intend to return to South Africa and contribute to national development after their studies at Leiden University.
An awesome chance for South African students.
User Review( votes)
Established in 1575, Leiden University is one of Europe’s leading international research-intensive universities. The university offers 50 undergraduates, 100 graduates, and 50 doctorates or PhD programs through its seven faculties.
Why study at Leiden University? Leiden supports teaching and research, team building, overseas exchanges, talent cultivation, campus cultural construction, and provides numerous jobs and funding. It also provides high-quality education, a broad choice of bachelor’s and master’s program and personal support for student’s study.
Application Deadline: April 1, 2020
- University or Organization: Leiden University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor & Master Program
- Award: Cover tuition fees+ Living allowance
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- Nationality: South African Students
- The award can be taken in Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from South Africa are eligible to apply for the opportunity s.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The studentships are awarded in the subject area of Archeology, Humanities, Medicine / LUMC, Governance and Global Affairs, Law, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Science, Interfaculty Center for Teacher Training, Educational Development and In-Service Training (ICLON), African Studies Center, International Institute for Asian Studies.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at a South African University.
- Motivated to upgrade or extend their knowledge in order to make a contribution towards the development of South Africa.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the opportunity , you must submit an online application for admission for an exchange/study abroad course at Leiden University. Once you have been admitted to an exchange/study abroad course, complete the Mandela application form. Then, submit your completed application form as a scanned email attachment to: [email protected]
- Supporting Documents: Candidates make sure to attach exchange/study abroad admission letter from Leiden university, scholarship motivation letter, recent transcript of records from your South African university, up-to-date CV, photocopy of your valid passport(s), two original letters of recommendation, documentation showing the status of any other grants you have applied for and proof of sufficient funds to support yourself in the Netherlands.
- Admission Requirements: Before applying, you need to check all the entrance requirements for your study.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition fees for a one-semester study abroad program (if applicable).
- Note: exchange students are exempted from tuition fees on the basis of the exchange agreement.
- Living allowance: € 1000 per month.
- Insurance sponsored by AON Student Insurance and arranged by Leiden University’s Scholarships Team.