The University of Sussex is inviting students to participate in the Life Sciences PhD Biochemistry Studentships programme in the UK.
The Life Science PhD Biochemistry Studentship programme is available for worldwide students who are going to apply for the PhD degree programme at the University of Sussex.
Nice chance for students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Sussex is a research-intensive campus university near the vibrant city of Brighton & Hove, on the UK’s south coast. Sussex has an excellent international reputation and also ranked in the top 50 UK Universities.
Why study at the University of Sussex? Sussex has a Teaching Excellence Framework Silver award for the quality of its teaching and has been particularly commended for its outstanding employment strategy and excellent student success rate, with a very high proportion of Sussex students from all backgrounds completing their course and going on to highly skilled employment or further study.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2021
- University or Organisation: University of Sussex
- Department: NA
- Course level: PhD
- Award: Tution fees and a stipend
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the United Kingdom
- Eligible countries: Application are accepted from all over the world
- Eligible course or subject: PhD degree in Biochemistry
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Ideal candidates will have a strong background in cell signalling with other experience in biochemistry.
- Eligible applicants will have recently received an MSc and/or a First or high 2:1 BSc in a relevant subject.
How to Apply
- How to apply: To grasp the opportunity, aspirants have to take admission to the university. After that applicant is eligible for the studentship programme.
- Supporting Requirements: Applicants must submit the following documents when they apply:
- Research proposal/research statement
- Summary of academic interests
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- Two academic references – including one from your most recent university. Or you can provide contact details for your referees, and we will email them.
- Admission Requirements: At Sussex, the usual entry requirements for the UK and international students are:
- at least an upper second-class (2:1) undergraduate honours degree or equivalent international qualification
- a Masters degree if you apply for research degrees in the arts or social sciences, or an equivalent international qualification.
- Language Requirement: If your first language is not English, you will need to demonstrate that you meet the University’s English language requirements for the degree you have applied for.
The scholarship covers Home tuition fees and a stipend at standard UKRI rates for three years. Applicants with overseas fee status will need to fund the difference between Home and International tuition fees.