The Royal Society of London is now offering high-achieving students a chance to utilize the history of scientific discoveries in their research through the Lisa Jardine Grant Scheme for the academic year 2021-2022.
The studentship is intended to encourage researchers’ free movement across disciplines and countries and stimulate academics studying intellectual history to consider science in their research.
Nice offer for overseas students in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The Royal Society of London, established on November 28 1660, is a literary society and the UK’s national academy of sciences for enhancing natural knowledge. It is the oldest national scientific institution in the world.
Why chose the Royal Society of London? The association encourage scholars for their career goals by fulfils several roles such as promoting science and its benefits, recognizing excellence in science, supporting outstanding science, providing scientific advice for policy, fostering international and global co-operation, and education and public engagement.
Application Deadline: March 17, 2021
- University or Organization: The Royal Society of London
- Department: N/A
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Up to £2,000 per month to a maximum of 3 months
- Number of Awards: N/A
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Eligible Course or Subjects: The grant is available for the PhD degree.
- Eligibility Criteria: To become eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be right in academics at their previous educational studies;
- Researchers are holding PhDs awarded within the last ten years in early research positions at universities and other eligible organisations (e.g. museums, galleries). The applicant must have a permanent or fixed-term contract for the duration of the award is a qualified organisation;
- Doctoral candidates with at least one year’s experience towards the thesis stage.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply for the award, aspirants have to register themselves via an online portal.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit a copy of the following required documents along with the application, i.e., an ID card, a passport photo in JPG format, a CV, and academic records.
- Admission Requirements: Aspirants must fulfil the required conditions for the applied degree field at their desired university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your primary language, then you have to show your English Language Proficiency skills through different exams like IELTS or TOEFL, etc.
The Lisa Jardine Grant Scheme will award up to £2,000 per month to a maximum of 3 months to the highly motivated students, funded by the Royal Society of London.