Allied Unity is Strength
Win MYR 2100 Scholarship Today
Exclusive for Malaysian Graphic Design Students
Tong Yin Ang, Dean of INTI’s Center of Art and Design (ICAD)
Tan I-Ching, Head of Visual Communication of Malaysian Institute of Art
Zaheer Dodhia, Chief Executive of LogoDesign.net
User Review( votes)
Starts: 1st December, 2018
Ends: 10th January, 2019
LogoDesign.net is excited to announce the December theme of the program contest, open for graphic design students in Malaysia. The theme is:
Unified Alliance (Unity is Strength)
A topic that is very close to Malaysian hearts which is why we would like to see your perception of this national motto in the visual design language.
We welcome your interest and spirit in participation, in particular those graphic design students enrolled in colleges and universities based in Malaysia.
Before you start, read these guidelines carefully:
Guidelines for Graphic Design Scholarship Contest Participants
- The Award is MYR 2100 which will be granted to the winner of the Scholarship Contest (hereon Contest).
- You may enter the Contest from the date of announcement (December 1, 2018) to the end date (January 10th, 2019) till mid-night US EST.
- You must be 18+ years of age, a national of Malaysia, and living in Malaysia to participate in the Contest.
- You must be enrolled in a college or university that is based in Malaysia with a GPA not less than 2.5.
- You must read the Terms and Conditions before participation.
I) Creative Brief
To participate, you need to follow the theme of Bersekutu Bertambah Mutu (Unity is Strength), the national motto of Malaysia.
- Create a logo, symbol or emblem that represents your perception of Bersekutu Bertambah Mutu (Unity is Strength). You may add any or all of these words “Bersekutu Bertambah Mutu”, “Unity is Strength”, “Unity”, or none
- The created graphic cannot be similar or duplicate the national coat of arms of Malaysia. You may include some elements from it or create new but do not replicate it.
- Your design should be original, and should not be derived or copied from online or offline resources in Malaysia or elsewhere.
- You may enter only one (1) concept on Bersekutu Bertambah Mutu; any other graphic design concept will be rejected.
The Contest is a great opportunity for students to learn firsthand experience how the graphic design industry works. Your score will be based on:
- Ability to follow guidelines
- Adherence to the creative brief
- Research skills
- Usage of learned graphic design skills
- Creative input and perception
- Ability to express yourself through visual design
Guidelines for Academics and College/University Administrators
Faculty members, and college/university administrators based in Malaysia (or outside) are encouraged to support this Scholarship Contest which will help in:
- Giving current Malaysian students the opportunity to earn and learn
- Building practical skills among graphic design graduates
- Celebrate Malaysian national spirit
We, at LogoDesign.net, believe every Malaysian deserves high quality education, and the Contest is just a small contribution towards it.
If your institution has not been informed about this, we ask you to share this information with them, and on social media to give everyone a chance to be involved.