With the collaboration of Loran Scholars Foundation, the University of Ottawa is granting the Loran Award in Canada. The grant is available for the academic year 2020-21.
The programme is exclusively open for Canadian students commencing in the bachelor’s degree programme at the University of Ottawa.
Opened in 1848, the University of Ottawa often is a bilingual public research university in Ontario, Canada. It offers a wide variety of academic programmes and well-regarded for their quality of education and ranking in respective fields.
Why study at the University of Ottawa? The university is recognised worldwide, and graduates enjoy successful and prosperous careers. They provide an educational environment for their students.
Application Deadline: October 2020
- University or Organization: University of Ottawa
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to $100,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Canadian students
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Canada
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelors degree in any subject area.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be in their final year of high school or CEGEP
- Aspirants must have a minimum cumulative average of 85% for students outside of Quebec or present an R score equal to or higher than 29 for students in Quebec
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and be at least 16 years of age by September 1 of the following year.
- Students planning to attend university outside of Quebec after only one year of CEGEP are also eligible to apply in their first year of CEGEP.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants will be eligible to apply for the award after enrolling in the undergraduate degree programme at the university.
- Supporting Documents: Attach academic transcripts of all the previous school attended, copy of national ID card, a statement.
- Admission Requirements: Students must have a Secondary School Diploma and have passed at least five Secondary V course.
- Language Requirement: Students must have to submit their official score in one of the standardised language tests scores.
Benefits: The University of Ottawa will provide the award amount up to $100,000 for students to cover their study expenses in Canada.