With the motive of providing a world-class education to highly skilled and needy students, Macquarie University is offering International PhD Positionsin Multicultural Australian English.
The educational award supports international students who share the passion to study a PhD project, “Multicultural Australian English: The new voice of Sydney.” The aim is to generate an integrated and inclusive model of Australian-English, through phonetic analysis of speech used by adolescents from a range of language backgrounds.
The University of Macquarie is an Australian public research university located in the Macquarie Park suburb of Sydney. The State of New South Wales founded it in 1964 as the third university in the Sydney Metropolitan Area.
Why study at Macquarie University? Students at the university will have the ability to travel around the world with our assistance, as well as an internship with a leading company. The university is known for its top-notch services, highly qualified graduates, and interdisciplinary research and teaching excellence.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
- University or Organization: Macquarie University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD or MRes Y2 + PhD Bundle program
- Awards: Full-time stipend rate of $28,597
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree program in Multicultural Australian English: The new voice of Sydney
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must record outstanding academic performance and, preferably, additional applicable research experience and peer-reviewed research activity in line with the university’s scholarship rating guidelines.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For grasping the opportunity, aspirants have to take admission in the PhD degree program at Macquarie University. After that must need to complete the Online HDR Candidature and application via the Online Application System and have to submit two academic referee reports to the Higher Degree Research Office
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must need to submit: certified copies of their academic transcripts, CV passport or visa, and other supporting documentation.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, students are required to meet the entry requirements of their chosen program.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language or mother tongue, you should provide evidence of your English language proficiency through one of the entry requirements or language tests.
Macquarie University will provide an award of tuition fee offset and a living allowance stipend. The value and tenure of The grant is a “MQRES” full-time stipend rate of $28,597 per annum (in 2021, tax-exempt for up to 4 years – indexed annually).