Applications are invited for the Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) from the students of Commonwealth countries to study at the postgraduate level in Malaysia.
The Awards is available for pursuing postgraduate studies (masters and PhD degree) at a campus of Malaysian Universities.
Wonderful Scholarship and Fellowship Plan for Commonwealth Countries.
User Review( votes)
This is a Government to Government scheme without any bond imposed by Malaysia. The awards for Masters degree are between 12 to 24 months depending on the courses. Awards for pursuing PhD degree are for 3 years.
Application Deadline: Closed
- Pupils of Commonwealth countries (Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Botswana, Brunei, Cameroon, Canada, Cyprus, Dominica, Gambia, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Island, Sri Lanka, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Zambia, Cameroon and South Africa) can apply for these Malaysian Commonwealth.
- Field of studies is in the following priority areas Science and Engineering, Agriculture and Fisheries, Economics and Islamic Finance, Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Biosecurity, and Food Safety, Infrastructure and Utility, Environmental Studies, Health not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy.
- To be eligible for the Commonwealth Fellowship Plan (CSFP), applicants must fit the following criteria:-
- Not be more than 45 years of age during application.
- Obtained a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study.
- In addition, for the post-doctoral program, the selection will be evaluated based on the number of books produced, refereed/non refereed journals, portfolio, and patent copyright.
- The Post-Doctoral candidate must have an excellent reputation in research and possesses knowledge related to the research to be carried out.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants applied for and gained admission to postgraduate and post-doctoral studies in Malaysia.
- The mode of applying is online.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit the Certified Doctor/Medical Professional, Wrote a proposal that is relevant to the field of studies.
- Admission Requirements: To apply for the program applicants must obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a CGPA of 3.5/4.0 at Bachelor Degree Level for Masters Degree applicants and for PhD candidates must possess CGPA 3.5/4.0 or very good result at Masters degree level in a similar field of intended PhD study. IELTS Academic Test with a score of at least 6.5.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Each scholarship consists of:-
- Air tickets from recipient’s capital city to Malaysia
- An approved tuition fees
- Monthly maintenance allowance
- Annual grant for books and internal travel
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Installation and Termination grant
- Thesis allowance