The Makerere University Regional Centre for Crop Improvement (MaRCCI) is inviting outstanding candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa to apply for a very limited number of partial or fully-funded positions to pursue an MSc in Plant Breeding and Seed Systems (PBSS) or a PhD in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology (PBB) at Makerere University.
The Centre aims to equip African scientists with sound theoretical and practical knowledge, enabled for innovative use of the most current breeding approaches in crop variety development.
A fine program for aspirants.
User Review( votes)
MaRCCI, an African Regional Centre of Excellence for Crop Improvement, is supported by a grant from World Bank (2017-2022) and builds upon Makerere University’s highly respected PhD and MSc training in plant breeding that was initiated as a regional programme by RUFORUM in 2008.
- Application Deadline: Closed
- Course Level: The studentships are available to pursue an MSc or PhD programme at Makerere University.
- Study Subject: The studentships are awarded in the field of Plant Breeding
- Award: A very limited number of partial or full opportunities are available.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- The award can be taken in Uganda
- Eligible Countries: Students from Eastern and Southern Africa are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: All applicants should demonstrate a strong commitment to working in agriculture and must meet the criteria for admission to Makerere University. Applicants for the MSc PBSS should have the following qualifications.
- Must have obtained at least a Bachelor of Science degree in Crop Science or other relevant fields
- Should be less than 35 years of age at the time of application. Applicants for PBB should have the following qualifications.
- Announcement of Scholarships for MSc and PhD in Plant Breeding College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Makerere University
- Must have obtained at least a Master of Science degree in Plant Breeding or other relevant fields in plant sciences from a recognized and chartered university/institution.
- Should be less than 40 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants from Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia will be given preference.
Applicants should provide:
- Curriculum Vitae of no more than 2 pages, with Names and contact information (e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) of 3 references
- Academic documents/transcripts (translated into English if required),
- Letter regarding motivation
- Photocopy of the primary page of the passport
- Completed application form for Makerere University’s post-graduate programme
- MaRCCI’s supplemental application form.