Massey University is looking for outstanding athletes and wants to give them an opportunity to take their higher studies in New Zealand by offering the Academy of Sport program.
The educational award is available for all New Zealand and International participants who have a previous record of high achievement in sport and who show future potential in their chosen sport.
Wonderful offer to get an undergraduate study with some study fund.
User Review( vote)
Massey University was organized in 1927 and recognizes as the second-largest university of New Zealand. It is a university in Palmerston North, New Zealand.
Why at Massey University? At Massey, the participants will get many opportunities for enhancing their talent and developing communication skills. It offers a good amount of degree level courses with the vibrant environment of study.
- University or Organization: Massey University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to 25 grants are available
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in New Zealand
- Application Deadline: July 9, 2020
- Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Both New Zealand and overseas participants are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Pursuing a bachelor’s degree program in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Enroll either in a full-time or part-time degree level course.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to receive this award, the aspirants have to be enrolling in a bachelor’s degree program at the university. Only then they can complete the online application form for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: You need to submit evidence of excellence in sport in the previous three years both inside and outside of the school context along with the proof of support from both their coach and national body (compulsory). Two separate letters of support are required.
- Admission Requirements: School leavers with other qualifications (e.g., International Baccalaureate, Cambridge) and non-school leaver applicants must be able to document academic achievements that are comparable with those required of school leaver applicants at University Entrance or similar.
- Language Requirement: The candidates must have good proficiency in the English language. But if their national language is not English, then they need to demonstrate the English language ability through the TOEFL or IELTS test.
Total 25 funds will be awarded and the value of grants will be $5,000. In addition, a successful participant also becomes members of the Massey University Academy of Sport which provides sport and academic support to each athlete including physical conditioning, nutrition, sports psychology, gym memberships, and group topical seminars and training gear.