Department of Higher Education and Training has established the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Scheme 2022 for South African students for the academic year 2022-2023. The scholarship will be awarded in Mauritius.
This scholarship is provided by the South African government for its national students so they can pursue their higher education in Mauritius. All levels of higher study in an eligible university can be undertaken. Students selected on the basis of academic merit will be provided tuition fees and various other allowances.
Amazing chance for students to complete their degrees in Mauritius.
User Review( votes)
The Department of Higher Education and Training is one of the departments of the South African government. It is also the Nominating Agency for South Africans for the Mauritius-Africa Scholarship Scheme.
The Department of Higher Education and Training provides integrated post-school education and training so citizens can improve the quality of their lives. The mission of the organization is to develop capable, well-educated, and skilled citizens who are able to compete in a sustainable, diversified and knowledge-intensive international economy, which meets the development goals of the country.
Application Deadline: 31st January 2022 is the last date to make applications for this application .
- University or Organization: The Department of Higher Education and Training
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Diploma, Bachelor, Master, or PhD
- Award: Tuition fee and living allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: South Africa
- The award can be taken in Mauritius.
- Eligible Countries: South African national students are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Diploma, Bachelor, Master, or PhD degree programmes in a higher education institute in Mauritius.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have an interest in studying in Mauritius and demonstrate a commitment to the development of South Africa.
- The applicants must have already applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2022.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must apply for the higher education institute in Mauritius of choice. Then, to apply for the opportunity the applicants must scroll to the end of the page and fill the suitable application form and mail it to [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Certified copy of the birth certificate.
- Certified copy of biodata page of the passport.
- Certified copies of all post-school qualification certificate
- Certified copies of all post-school academic transcripts.
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must either have successfully completed National Senior Certificate with a Bachelor‡s pass and a minimum of 60% average mark achieved, excluding Life Orientation subject, Master‡s a master’s degree.
- Language Requirement: The students must meet the language requirements of the applied universities.
The candidates selected will be provided the following to undertake their study in any desired eligible institute in Mauritius:
- Tuition fees and course-related costs of up to MUR 100,000
- A monthly living allowance to the value of MUR 12,500 (approximately R4,500)
- Students will be entitled to free basic health care in public hospitals in Mauritius
- Return airfare to and from Mauritius by the most economical route