The Mensa Foundation is offering applications for its three national and international programs that award on essays written by the applicants.
The Mensa Member Award Program which also includes dependents of international Mensa members is for those attending college in the United States. The U.S. program and Mensa International program are for international Mensans attending a college other than in the U.S.
A worthy offer for national and international students to get study fund for education in the US.
User Review( votes)
The Mensa Education & Research Foundation was established in 1971. As a philanthropic and nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, it is committed to the pursuit of excellence in human intelligence.
Why Mensa Foundation Programs? Mensa presents national and international awards in recognition of research, education and practical achievement regarding giftedness, intelligence and creativity.
Application Deadline: Jan. 15, 2020, at 11:59 p.m., Central or 5:59, GMT. (Application will open on Oct. 7, 2019)
- University or Organization: Mensa Foundation
- Department: NA
- Course Level: College degree courses
- Award: $100,000 each year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: US and International
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: Application from the US and international Mensans (other than American Mensa) will be accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a degree program in an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning during the academic year following the application date.
- Students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and who will be enrolled in accredited colleges for the following academic year may apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must complete and submit the online application, including the essay explaining his or her career, academic and/or vocational goals
- Only one application is allowed per student in this application competition.
- Applicants must complete all required information on the entry form.
- Essays must be the applicants’ original work and no more than 550 words in length.
- Essays must be entered via cut/paste on our application form on this website. Essays will be truncated to the limit specified.
- Essay submissions are stored and reviewed as “plain text” without additional markup. Make note of this when crafting your essay.
- Applicants’ names, addresses, and other identifying information must not be included in their essays.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants are required to submit a written essay no longer than 550 words describing their career, vocational or academic goals.
Each year the Mensa Foundation awarded $140,000 through an award program run by 400 volunteers from coast to coast and publishes the Mensa Research Journal.