The Government of the Slovak Republic approved the establishment of the National programme funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic.
The program is open to supports mobility of international students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists for scholarship stays at higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia.
Nice opportunity for international students
User Review( votes)
The Government of Slovakia is led by the Prime Minister of Slovakia. It is appointed by the President of the Slovak Republic on the recommendation of the Prime Minister. It has the authority to make major policy on the matters of the national economy and social security.
Why should apply to this program? Research candidates are encouraged to apply to this program. They can get the benefits of conducting research abroad. It will help in empowering your academic and career goals by removing the financial barrier.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
- University or Organization: Government of Slovakia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: PhD degree
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Slovakia
- Eligible Countries: Aspirants outside from Slovakia
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD degree in any subject
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for this fund, the applicant must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A students who are university students at universities outside Slovakia, are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme and will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
- PhD students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- International university teachers, researchers, and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for this education award, seekers are needed to be registered as a PhD degree student from a recognized university in Slovakia. Applicants can apply for the studentship through submitted an online application, which is available at http://www.scholarships.sk. By the given deadline.
- Supporting Documents: Must attach the required documents such as curriculum vitae, motivation letter, detailed study programme, two recommendation letters issued by applicant’s university teachers, confirmation issued by the applicant’s home university confirming that the applicant is a regular student of the respective university, scan of applicant’s bachelor’s diploma, diploma supplement and state examination certificate, admission letter issued by applicant’s host university in Slovakia.
- Admission Requirements: For being admitted, claimants are recommended to hold their bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates with good academic grades.
- Language Requirements: Seekers must have to prove their English language skills
The sponsorship will be granted such as:
- A university student 350 – € per month
- PhD student 580 € – per month
- Without PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 4 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist – 580 € per month
- With PhD degree (or its equivalent) and less than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist – 850 € per month
- With PhD degree (or its equivalent) and more than 10 years of work experience as a university teacher/researcher/artist – 1,000 € per month