The Australian College of Nursing (ACN) offers scholarships for students studying health-related courses. The scholarships are worth $1,500 and open to Australian and international students. Eligible courses include primary care, community care, psychiatric hospitals, and mental health. The application deadline is 10 October 2022.
Application Deadline: 10 October 2022
User Review( votes)
- Organization: Australian College of Nursing
- Department: Health
- Course level: Short courses, Conferences, Workshops
- Award amount: $1,500
- Number of awards: several
- Eligible countries: Australia
- Subjects: Psychology
- Eligible courses: Primary care, Community care, Psychiatric hospitals, Mental health
- Eligibility: International Students and Australian Students
The CPD Scholarship Program provides up to $1,500 for mental health professionals wishing to attend a short course, conference, or workshop in 2023. The program is designed to improve the quality of care provided to patients with mental illness, and 5% of scholarships will be awarded to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.
To be eligible to apply for a scholarship, an applicant must be:
- An Australian Citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- Are a qualified allied health professional (including psychology), who is either registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency or eligible to register with their professional body
- Works in the mental health sector which includes primary care, community care, psychiatric hospitals, mental health units, and aged care services
- Undertaking a course that commences or is continuing in 2023 at the following level:
Short courses, Conferences, Workshops.
All courses must be relevant to the applicant’s work in the mental health sector and enhance expertise in mental health and suicide prevention.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must complete the online application form. The form can be found on the website of the scholarship organization. Once the form has been completed, it must be submitted along with any required documentation. Documentation may include transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a personal essay.