METI Government of Japan is offering internships to up to 100 interns (around 30 will be international students already in Japan). Applicants must be holding citizenship of an eligible country or region. Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships. This is a paid internship programme. Application deadline is June 30, 2016.
Field of Internship: This program offers workplace experience, not actual employment. It aims to provide interns with workplace skills and know-how.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: METI Government of Japan
Internship can be taken in Japan
User Review( votes)
Eligibility: Applicants satisfying all the following requirements are eligible.
- Holding citizenship of an eligible country or region.
- Able to undertake both the internship and preliminary training full-time at the host company. (International students must also able to balance these against their studies)
- Agreeing with the spirit of this program, and through the internship promoting internationalization of Japanese companies, developing the overseas business of Japanese companies, and working together to construct networks with overseas universities etc.
- Proficiency in Japanese language (JLPT level N3 or higher) or proficiency in English.
- As a rule, applicants should be at least 20 years of age and no older than 40.
- Applicants must able to submit a school or university enrolment or graduation certificate as well as a letter of recommendation from an affiliated university or institution etc.
- Other requirements meeting any individual conditions stipulated by the host company.
Internship Open for International Students: Young foreign nationals of developing countries (OECD/DAC-listed countries) are eligible to apply for these internships.
Is this paid internship? Yes; Accommodation support: 3,500 yen/day
-Round-trip economy class air ticket, travel insurance (international students already in Japan not eligible)
-Preliminary training courses.
Internship Description: As Japanese companies take on young foreign talent from abroad for internships, Japan achieves greater internationalization for its people and organizations through knowledge building aimed at new developments and expansion of overseas business for Japanese companies, and by changing awareness through working with foreigners and experiencing cross-cultural communication, as well as constructing networks and developing in-house systems in conjunction with overseas universities aimed at securing foreign talent.
A number of awards offered: Up to 100 interns (around 30 will be international students already in Japan) will be selected for the internship programme.
Internship Duration: International students in Japan: 20th September to 21st November
Overseas foreign nationals: 27th September to 21st December or 14th October to 28th December
*Dates for travel to and from Japan will be determined in advance by the Program Office.
Notification: Suitability of acceptance for matched interns will be verified by the Screening Committee, and if approved, both Host Company and the intern will be notified of selection results.
How to Apply: Fill in the application form from the program website, and apply.
-Selection is conducted through document screening, primary interview (native language/English/Japanese), and secondary interview (Japanese/English).
-After interviews are complete, various certificates (university qualifications, language skills, etc.), letters of recommendation, photographs, documents required for the visa, etc. are to be submitted individually.
Internship Application Deadline: Application deadline is June 30, 2016.