Intending to support the education of outstanding students in the UK, the University of Leicester is providing the Midlands4Cities Collaborative Doctoral Awards.
The program is open to the UK and international students. The Collaborative Doctoral Awards (CDAs) are co-designed between an M4C university and an external partner organisation. CDAs offer a project with established research aims, responding to particular needs in the cultural, creative and heritage sectors.
Nice chance for applicants in the UK.
User Review( votes)
The University of Leicester, founded in 1921, has received five-star ratings for teaching quality for the last thirteen years. It is a leading university dedicated to international excellence, game-changing research, and inspirational teaching of the highest calibre.
Why study at the University of Leicester? Leicester University offers innovative and practical courses across a range of disciplines, as well as a thriving research culture. Additionally, it provides students with numerous opportunities for career advancement and professional development.
Application Deadline: 12 January 2022
- University or Organization: University of Leicester
- Department: Archaeology and Ancient History Leicester Law School
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fees and stipend
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Archaeology and Ancient History Leicester Law School
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Students can also apply on the basis of having equivalent relevant professional experience in lieu of a master’s qualification.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Apply for your Leicester PhD using the relevant subject Apply button. Submit your Midlands4Cities application.
- Supporting Documents: Submit one University application form, but indicate both projects/funding sources and Research Proposal Form.
- Admission Requirements: Students should either hold a master’s qualification at the time of application or be able to state that they will have completed one by the time their PhD begins
- Language Requirement: Students will have satisfied their English language entry requirements if they are a national of one of these countries and have completed their secondary or university education in one of the listed countries and their teaching was in English.
- UK applicants will receive UK tuition fees and a stipend at the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) rate.
- International applicants will receive tuition fees at the UK rate and a stipend to support living costs through Midlands4Cities.
- The University of Leicester will cover the difference between the UK and International fees for successful International applicants.