Outstanding aspirants are invited to apply for the PhD positions with fully-funded positions available in Plasma and Combustion Research Laboratory (PCRL) at Mississippi State University. The funding programme is open for the academic session 2021-2022.
The programme aims to encourage highly motivated and hard-working applicants interested in working on multidisciplinary projects in the areas of combustion, chemical kinetics, and plasma physics.
Amazing opportunity for excellent students to get funding for their education in the USA.
User Review( votes)
Founded in 1878, Mississippi State University is a comprehensive, doctoral degree-granting institution with a nationally and internationally diverse student body. It provides a wide range of opportunities and challenges for learning and growth.
Why would you like to join Mississippi State University? The university is committed to three broad purposes: learning, research, and service. At Mississippi State University, students will have access to world-class research facilities and work in a vibrant and dynamic research group with a focus on cutting-edge research
Application Deadline: January 1, 2021
- University or Organization: Mississippi State University
- Department: Mechanical Engineering
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: fully-funded programmes
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: If you want to know about the nationality please contact the employer.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: PhD positions are available in Plasma and Combustion Research Laboratory (PCRL) in the Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, applicants must have to meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, or any relevant fields, with outstanding academic records.
- For the first position, the ideal student has experience in experimental combustion at high-pressure as well as optical/laser diagnostics techniques for flow and species measurements.
- For the second position, the ideal applicant is someone with expertise in high-performance computational modeling for low-temperature plasma with application in chemical synthesis, surface treatment, or ignition/combustion.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: In order to apply for the positions, interested applicants are encouraged to complete the application form. If they have any questions about these positions, please contact Dr. Omid Askari at askari-at-me.msstate.edu.
- Supporting Documents: Must provide a CV and cover letter including qualifications and motivation for applying and 2 recommendation letters.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must have an outstanding academic record.
- Language Requirement: If your education has not been conducted in the English language, you will be expected to demonstrate evidence of an adequate level of English proficiency.
Mississippi State University will provide two PhD positions with fully-funded positions in Plasma and Combustion Research Laboratory (PCRL) starting from fall 2021 in the Mechanical Engineering Department.