To motivate students to achieve greater heights of excellence in research, Newcastle University has come with a unique position program. MLitt Scholarships is a very competitive opportunity open for the UK, EU and international students.
This scheme is funded by Newcastle University’s School of Modern Languages for the academic year of 2020-21. All qualified students who are considering a future career in research will get fee waiver as well as a maintenance stipend of £7,500.
A great option to support study in the UK with fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £7,500.
User Review( votes)
Newcastle University is established in 1834 to advance education and research. It is a thriving and comprehensive community holding international reputation in the fields of medicine, science and engineering, social sciences and the humanities. It houses 26,400 undergraduate and postgraduate students who come from over 130 countries worldwide.
Why Study at Newcastle University? The university’s environment and the quality of the education are different from other universities in UK. Especially its teaching has been recognized for being highest quality officially by the government of UK with the award of Gold status in the national Teaching Excellence Framework.
Application Deadline: June 5, 2020
- University or Organization: Newcastle University
- Department: School of Modern Languages
- Course Level: MLitt
- Award: Fee waiver and a maintenance stipend of £7,500
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Home, EU and International
- The award can be taken in the UK
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Available Course or Subjects: An MLitt in the School of Modern Languages in one of the following areas: Chinese Studies, Film Studies, French Studies, German Studies, Portuguese, Spanish, Latin American Studies, Japanese Studies, and Translation and Interpreting
- Eligibility Criteria: Meeting the criteria is must before going for the next step:
- Home, EU and International Students are eligible
- Successful applicants must hold at least a good 2:1 BA honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, and native or near-native proficiency in the appropriate language, as well as in English.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate your intention to continue to doctoral study.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for one of the appropriate programs given to be eligible to get this MLitt (Masters by Research) Scholarship in the School of Modern Languages. To send your application, you must apply through the university’s central portal for postgraduate admission
- Chinese Studies
- Film Studies
- French Studies
- German Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Translation and Interpreting
- Supporting Documents: These can be sent as accompanying documents with your application for admission:
- Pre-qualification degree
- Copies of academic transcripts and award
- Certificates of English language proficiency
- A statement
- A copy of passport
- Admission Requirements: To study in an applicable program at this university, you must hold at least a good 2:1 BA honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area, and native or near-native proficiency in the suitable language, as well as in English.
- Language Requirement: To get direct entry in the M.Phil program at the university, you need to have IELTS with 7.0 overall score.
All the winners of the MLitt (Masters by Research) Scholarships in the School of Modern Languages will enjoy fee waiver plus a maintenance stipend of £7,500.