If you are a high-performing engineering student who wants to undertake a higher degree by research in Australia, apply for the Modelling and Control of Vibration Instabilities in Contact Mechanical Systems PhD Scholarship.
The PhD scholarship program aims to support interested students who want to complete their postgraduate research degree at the University of Queensland. The UQ delivers the program for the session 2023-2024.
User Review( votes)
The University of Queensland was founded in 1909 as one of Australia’s top universities. It presents multiple undergraduate, associate, Master, PhD, and higher doctorate degrees.
Why study at the University of Queensland? The University of Queensland furnishes associate, bachelor, master, doctoral, and higher-decorate degrees so that you can appreciate the best possible study knowledge at the university.
Application Deadline: 16 January 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: Engineering
- Course Level: Postgraduate research (HDR)
- Award: $32,192 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: May vary
- Nationality: Domestic, International
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All domestic and international students can apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to Postgraduate research (HDR) in Engineering in any subjects offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Candidates have completed some research experience.
- Students have completed an approved university degree and can meet the English language requirements.
- They were completed ten years ago in an area relevant to their proposed PhD project.
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree).
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honors class IIA or equivalent; or Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale, which includes relevant research experience approved by the dean.
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least two years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Students must submit an admission application to the university portal. After that, they can email the following documents to Professor Paul Meehan ([email protected])
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Cover letter
- Academic transcript/s
- Evidence for meeting UQ’s English language proficiency requirements eg TOEFL, IELTS
- Admission Requirements: The students must meet the university’s requirements for a postgraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: Candidates must meet English language requirements they’ll need to meet to be offered a place to study at UQ University.
The university will provide $32,192 per annum, indexed annual living stipend, and Tuition fees for 3.5 years with the possibility of 1 extension in line with UQ and RTP Scholarship Policy.